Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

I am currently making New documentation for the remote, here is a better schematic:

15 Likes

3 Likes

Is anyone know why the signal of receiver send is 20ms one cycle?

Seems it’s somewhat arbitrary but is the value baked into the servo library https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=107964.0

Hi, @solidgeek thanks for your sharing and I really love your remote. I’m using 12s2p battery and Torque VESC. Currently I can connect the remote and the receiver, but in the BLDC tool the pulsewidth is very unstable, everytime I roll the throttle to max and min, the value shows in the BLDC tool is different and delay, depends how fast I roll the throttle. I can not get the real time data dispalyed on the remote as well. Here’s some pics and how I wired the receiver. I chose " PPM and UART " in BLDC tool.

! IMG_4240|666x500!

I paralleled connected 330uf cap between 5v and GND, also between 3.3v and GND on NRF24L01 (100uf and 4.7uf). There’s an error message when I uploaded the code using RollingGecko’s vestuart.h library, although I was able to upload it successfully.

Could you tell me any possibilities that may cause the pulsewidth problem? By the way, the pattern of battery level on the remote keeps changing with the throttle all the time.

2 Likes

Use the latest version

Have you guys encountered SERIALIO not declared in the arduino ide? I’ve got the nrf24 library and rollinggecko’s vescuartcontrol for vesc6.

Glad you like the remote! Which version of the software are you using? I recommend you try my newest development branch on github, includes lot if bug fixes

cmon man, I did that, I just wanted to know how people specifically dealt with it for this use case. Especially if you actually tried that yourself and saw relevant posts were from 2016 and anything more recent is just code.

Hi, I used this one and uploaded it successfully. But still showed an error message in the picture I posted. Don’t know if that affects anything.

@deltazeta :slight_smile: Yes but is fixable

@Shippo Use the codes under the development branch.

that’s why i’m asking??? I don’t know what your point is, you could have just replied with how you solved it.

Thanks for your reply. Is this one the latest version?

Do I have to set anything in the remote setting to show up the real time data? I selected "PPM and UART " in BLDC tool and let anything else default. Is that correct? I was thinking the receiver can’t receive the data instantly cause the max pulse width shows in the BLDC tool are really different everytime. I’m not sure how I can fix that. Thank you.

1 Like

Are you talking about this one?

Thanks.

i think they’re talking about this one:

1 Like

@deltazeta Yes that is the one. the latest update

Hey guys, what is your experience with remote controls still working if the receiver is in an aluminum case under the board? do you still get a signal or does that cause issues VS receiver in waterproof plastic container?

Im late to making one of these builds, but holy shit is the nrf module hard to solder. How did you guys manage to solder that thing. Im using 30AWG wire and its still a bitch.:sweat_smile:

steady hands and a clean tip hotiron. nrf is not that bad… try soldering wires to micro usb :slight_smile:

3 Likes