S.K.A.T.E Challenge - Upload your trick vids!

I shit - I didn’t even question this!! :sweat_smile: I must just be getting used to boards with motors!!! Bloody good point :smiley:

Yes that was a sneaky nollie, but I need to make some nicer and higher ones and will then upload a proper video to comply with the rules…

The 2Wheel needs A LOT of practice because you have to forget everything you know about steering and balance from skateboarding and do everything with the front wheel. On flat roads it is O.K. to ride but on medium inclines up or down it is less fun because your center of gravity changes. That either means that go go into a wheelie and cannot steer because your frontwheel is in the air or your COG is over your front wheel and you cannot lift it for steering :wink: You more or less just ride on your back wheel and only tip the front wheel to the ground to steer and keep balance…

I wanted to buy a original 2WheelBoard, but never received an answer to my emails. So I had to build it completely from scratch. The board is made from my ‘old’ MBS Core 94 deck with lots of glass fiber and epoxy… I started with a VESC6 SK3-6374 encoder setup but later switched to a sensored RC ESC because the plain old dutycycle control feels much better on this board than current control.

There is no build thread yet, but I should definitely make one… sometime…

9 Likes

That’s just crazeeeee dude - I’m confident you could build anything!!! :smile: Would love to see the build log, and would love to ride that thing! How does it compare in feeling to a snowboard? I guess the positioning of the wheels is the biggest difference as you’ve said. Maybe a longer deck would help?

LEADERBOARD IS UP!!!

Check the first post for updates.

I’m just about to hit the park and nail this Nollie so I can get a letter :wink:

1 Like

That leaderboard looks sick :heart_eyes: Get prepared to put me on the list… youtube upload at 43% :grin:

2 Likes

Shit yeah!!! I’m excited to see what you did :wink:

Thanks :pray: I wanted to include an interactive version but couldn’t get it too embed properly. This is quite easy to update though.

I recorded some quick nollies yesterday so I’ll get my vid up today for a letter too!

Don’t expect any drama, just ollied something. Originally I wanted to ollie a bush or similar but couldn’t find one, so no fails in this video but some people :laughing:

7 Likes

Dude - no drama, but perfect ollies! Loved the dudes captured casually walking past and some dude whizzes past on an electric ollie rocket!! :joy: They looked pretty surprised!

You’ve been added to the leaderboard bro! You’re currently 3rd - get the Nollie recorded and you’ll be boosted to first place and get to set the next trick too! @duffman, technically has nollied in a video but he wants to upload a better one to comply with the rules. The first one of you guys to do it will get the next trick to set and the top spot! Who will it be??? I love a good friendly competition! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, man! Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow otherwise I would try the nollie, never done before. I have a funny trick in my mind and hope I can set a new trick within this challenge :laughing:

1 Like

Just played a bit around. Didnt spend much time :joy:

7 Likes

Wicked! That sounds like war zone… I hear helicopters and a gun shot :crazy_face: Also have to do slow motions next time.

1 Like

NICE!! Yeah the slow mo audio is awesome! You’re added to the board too @DeathCookies! Currently sitting in 4th. We have another contender for the nollie and top spot!

I gotta say i’m up for a funny trick! 180 No Comply over an old lady? :smile:

I know it does not count but i thought: why not

7 Likes

They all count! :wink:

Now it’s time for the Nollie! I’d be super impressed with a Nollie over that pyramid!

…speaking of Nollies…here’s mine! Thought I’d try and make it a bit gangsta! :rofl:

10 Likes

@DanSkates nice Nollie, maybe the nose a Bit higher :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I will pause the Next time, i wrecked my knee yesterday :sob: 180 Kicker fail

2 Likes

Oh shit - I hope you’re ok? Will it heal quick? Fingers crossed for you that it’s nothing too bad :crossed_fingers:t2:

Thanks btw! :crazy_face:

Also good idea, so that’s the new trick you gonna set after uploading the Nollie as first?

I wish you a speed recovery @amecces, hope you can jump again soon.

1 Like

Here is my nollie.

But they dont Look that promising right now :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Siiiiiiick video @DanSkates, watched it several times on bigger screen and with sound, the first time I saw it on my mobile without sound. Also love this fluid slow motions, best S.K.A.T.E. challenge video so far IMO :+1:

1 Like