S.K.A.T.E Challenge - Upload your trick vids!

Me too bro :beers: 36 and everything hurts :sweat_smile: Got a couple scorpions and a tailbone injury that have been coming back to haunt me as of late. That being said, I think I’m out of the SKATE game until I get some more pads (should be soon I hope).

Hats off on the nose roll 180 though. You almost had it!

Tsssssssss… young guys! I’m 40, ask my body :grin:

Unfortunately I’m out of the S.K.A.T.E challenge for some time because I just killed at least one motor and maybe more by crashing backward into a concrete obstacle at skate park :disappointed_relieved: will update my thread soon.

4 Likes

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the motor mount man that sucks!

1 Like

Thanks man, after disassembling it looks like the mount could be still alright but the motor is crushed. It is very annoying but I have to think positive, better a crushed motor than a bone. Meanwhile I’ve updated my thread because this is the S.K.A.T.E thread and not the “how to ruin your board within 3 minutes” thread :laughing:.

Very funny GIF :rofl: The sentence before could be:“Do you remember this S.K.A.T.E challenge 30 years ago when I did the best looking Nose Roll 180’s?”

1 Like

I was motivated and tried some stuff today. I did not really get it but i want to share my experience with you!

Like i mentioned earlier is that trick especially hard for most people who will try it! Most riders use a Dual Rear Drive (unbalanced board) which needs to be lifted for a 180 and then lift even higher to make a nollie 180… well. The board is unbalanced and you need to pull the heavy side. Have fun :smiley: here is an example picture of my mount: 1ae32e2e07f5c35f01b437c4e3ab4f0b4c3ca6d3_1_690x431[1]

I already knew that i will get a hard time with my heavy mount and with two sk3 6374 motors. It seemed so easy when @Duffman or @DanSkates gave it a try. but i know that @Duffman is running smaller motors and heelstraps. That is a big advantage.

Never the less I never tried noserolls with an mtb or emtb just with snowboards. So i want to give it a try. In the first part i tried it with my emtb without heelstraps and without reverse… then i set up my board with can and reverse.

Maybe when i attach my heelstraps to my emtb i will give it another try. without i dont think i will make it with this board (heavy mount, motors).

But enough talking. just watch yourself my progress:

6 Likes
6 Likes

@DeathCookies great effort bro! You really got close without the extra weight!

@amecces - I love that all your videos are in dirt!! It’s truely what these beasts are designed for! We need to get some of your jump videos up! Nice try on the trick, but it’s bloody hard work to lift that tail. It probabaly took me 20 attempts before I got used to lifting the extra weight - you really have to get your weight over the front foot and try to move your body, rather than the board.

1 Like

AH SHIT DUDE!! :cry:

This is very sad to see. I’ve been wondering what would happen if a motor took a bad knock - now we know. I’ll post in more detail on your thread. Sorry this happened buddy - hope you’re up and riding again soon…

1 Like

I think i would have gotten so much more if i had used heelstraps on my emtb

---------***** TRICK RESET!!! *****------------

OK, so the Nose Roll 180 is a bit too tough right now for most people, and the idea of SKATE is that you start small and build up to harder tricks. So, with that in mind I’ve reset the trick to something way easier - the humble ollie!

TRICK SET: Ollie Something. Ollie whatever you like!! The sillier the better! :dog:

First person to upload their Ollie gets to set the next trick. You have 1 week from posting your successful Ollie to posting the new trick to set. If it takes longer the next person to post can upload theirs to keep the momentum going.

This trick may actually open things up to eSK8ers to if they have a kicktail :crazy_face:

Once the entries start flowing in I’ll create a leaderboard. I’ll update the first post with this trick too.

OLLIE OLLIE OLLIE OI OI OI!!!

8 Likes

Very good idea and funny video :joy: You did it and definitely earn a letter but i would like to see that in public again :laughing:

I have some days now to think about a stupid thing for “Ollie something” Great! Should be able to post my video next weekend.

1 Like

Thanks man!

OMG could you imagine that same video filmed in the middle of a busy street with people walking past in suits! :rofl:. That’d be hilarious. I need to try that!

1 Like

For sure to the point where police approach :laughing:

1 Like

Here’s the full edit for my attempt at the Nose Roll 180. I’m quite glad I recorded all of the attempts as you can see I was completely useless at the beginning and it doesn’t look possible to the end where I’m almost able to do it. I’ll keep trying this each time I get out. I’m sure I’ll be able to get it with enough pratice :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I can’t do the challenge yet, snapped 2 belts :smiley:

Oh that sucks! :frowning: Why don’t you just roll down a big hill and Ollie without the motors :wink: Apparently this is how they did it in the olden days :joy:

1 Like

Maaaaan, love your attitude! Can’t believe you did it already at 4:56 aside the falling. Just one more beer and you can do it :clap:

1 Like

Nice one dude! Good progress and very close at the end! I reckon a bit of forward momentum will help you out… Use the motors to get a little roll going then try it, I reckon you’ll have it :ok_hand: And if you can find anywhere with a little drop down or bank try it off the end/top, makes that last 180 a bit easier to get round…

Thanks buddy :blush: I’m pretty bloody persistant when it comes to learning a new trick! I simply run out of stamina at the end of this though otherwise I wouldn’t had gone to bed till I had it on lock! Can’t wait to get out again and nail that sucker!

I’m defo gonna try this! I have the perfect bank in mind to try it out. Wanna run my smaller kicker off the bank and get some 3s happening too. Would love to then build up to some bigger spins - these boards are built for freestyle!!

Gonna head over to your thread to see how you’re getting on! Do you have any of your moutainboard races or freestyle on film? Would love to see that :star_struck:

1 Like