Ride Time. how long can you ride?

Only to you.

Anyway keep on topic. Post your data or dont post it. Up to you.

6s lipo 50 c 6000mah Single drive 270kv

12S LiPo 6000mAh (started at 4.0V/cell)

You lier! Thats not snowboarding

1 Like

haha you burned a lot of calories

1 Like

:sweat_smile: You caught me! I have only two sport profiles that I use on my Suunto! I think I have to set up an e-longboarding profile too :thinking:

What app is this? And does it work on android and just off the phone.

It is suunto movescount and it is for iOS and android and I think you can use without a watch. The app can also make these (little bit boring) map overlay videos https://youtu.be/zcSVMu4F998

Btw according to my experience guys, having extra capacitor especially really huge one help improve the distance travelled. I can’t proof this with great evidence but I have the feeling that I ride for longer distance.

I suspect that the battery and capacitor deliver energy in different way to the VESC and motor. If I open the VESC graph, I always see the motor current is higher than the battery current especially during acceleration.

I am not quite sure if this is correct as watt hours is just watt hours, but I have quite some noticeable difference at the moment.

2 Likes

4.1v to 3.8v per cell… 12s6p 15000mAh

6 Likes

Those are the kind of stats i typically see on my 6S 350 which is a 16Ah 2P turnigy multistar i repacked. Roughly 20 miles, averaging around 15-18mph with stops calculated included in averages. That drained my pack though, i feel like you probably did this on half a charge lol

Wow, that’s some good riding. Did you actually hit 38.5mph? Don’t you have kids to live for? Lol

Wow, that’s some good riding. Did you actually hit 38.5mph? Don’t you have kids to live for? Lol

38mph isn’t too fast but I usually top out around 30-32mph on a single drive. Yeah you will lose a little skin if you are not prepared but crashes are much less dramatic than you would think with the proper gear and experience. Shorts under your pants gloves on your hands and a helmet for your face!

Here is the speed and elevation profile from that recording:

4 Likes

That’s some good info. I’m still wondering what it’s gonna be like when I end up bailing for the first time. I guess I just need to go faster until I get used to it. I’ve got a full set of knee, elbow, wrist, helmet pads, and decades of tuck and roll experience, so no fear, right? I know when I took off on a powered board for the first time, I felt unbalanced and awkward, and I’ve been doing all kinds of board sports my whole life. But nothing self powered until now though. It feels perfectly natural now, but I haven’t broken 25mph yet, and right now, that feels quite fast. I’m about to go 12s, so lack of speed will soon be a thing of the past, but it’s interesting to see you spending a lot of your time between 25-30+mph. I bet the adrenaline starts flowing a bit at those speeds, huh?

Stay within your comfort zone and don’t let yourself become too confident. Hitting a stationary object is a big deal at these speeds. But it’s a board with wheels and a motor, I can’t imagine anything more obvious and inherently dangerous.

2 Likes

One jumping cat from side of the street gona suprise and derail you from track. The threat on 30km++ is too real, if it happens is almost unavoidable. I also need to get used to high speed braking habit.

6S Lipo 5A - single motor from enertion, bad hobby esc (waiting for the vesc) that is not really reliable when breaking so I’m rarely topping the speed (~18mph / 28kmh) of my build because I know that car and bikes can break much faster than me

Max range with these conditions is around 8 miles (13km) draining the battery from 25v to 21v (3.5v per cell), that is around 1h of continuous riding time at those low speeds ( compared to the other guys here ;), I think over 25mph will be scary for me because I know that here drivers don’t care much about pedestrians and bikes, they think the road is theirs, I think they care even less about skates ^^ )

First is commuting to an event, speed drops because I’m walking into the underwater tunnel, also they’re both door to door logs so the first and last part I’m walking, also I try to not go over 10mph when I’m on busy sidewalks, at least that should increase range

On the following one I stopped riding at some points at 3/4 of my ride and walked because traffic was too scary at rush hour in that area, can’t wait for my vesc to arrive :slight_smile:

I’m waiting for another 6s lipo to arrive and double the range + in the future I plan to get a space cell 10s so I can increase my max speed too

1 Like

Raptor Dual 60kg

@makevoid can you tell us which Enertion motor and your approx weight Thanks!

Even at that speed 8 miles on a single 6s 5A is great performance Now I’m interested to see a graph of speed vs distance too

The 6372, this one: http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/6374-190kv-electric-skateboard-motor/

I’m ~95kg, I think this battery I’m using is very good, I got it for 60 usd, I’m waiting for another one to go 10A but it takes 1 month to arrive :no_mouth:

I’ll try to make a 8 mile run and post the graph, that app I’m using graphs speed vs distance (graph on the bottom), do you have another app you suggest for android?