Revisit Bad Motor Mount Designs

@psychotiller revisited. Defend yourself @psychotiller !!

Nahā€¦Iā€™m tired

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t recommend anything on the market since every mount Iā€™ve owned broke. I made one myself that still hasnā€™t broken. Copy of enertion mount but made fully in steel. Not for sale. I never tried ollin mount but from pics it looks very well designed. My advice is for the ppl designing thier own mounts. They need to improve thier designs.

any pics dju cnc the mount?

I suspect my 8mm @Marcmt88 mounts wonā€™t break like this.

1 Like

yes the metal on the sides is thin but making it from steel fixes that issue.

@Evan_Byrne yes ur mounts added thickness should help alot. and u dont have too many holes. just note maybe the bottom part/clamp with all the holes isnt as strong as it could be. the screw heads are countersunk and that also reduces the material and strength at that point. but those screws heads look only 2mm thick. so u still have a good 6mm left there.

Guys I am not sure if that mount is any good - I circled the spots I think are too thin.

8 Likes

they are tough, i bumped to huge rock before but just scratches. but my enertion copy is with CF mount so milage may differ

If you are designing your own mount, why tension the belt by creating two separate parts? The X shaped mounting pattern for motors is only required if you plan on mass producing the mount and making it compatible for several motor types. Most designs here are a compromise to allow mass production and customisation.

Iā€™d machine it all out to a single piece and just tension it using the motor mount holes. Also no need for an adjustable angle that I see elsewhere.

1 Like

but the problem i experience that motor can doesnt hold a lot of torque. i striped by tightening too much. with large surface area and big bolts enertion copy is very good in this regards

1 Like

You missed a spot! Bahaha

2 Likes

hmm, ok. Havenā€™t experienced that with the SK3ā€¦but itā€™s a good point/has crossed my mind.

1 Like

Does anyone know the dimensions of caliber 2 trucks? I want to make my own motormount :slight_smile:

1 Like