Real hills and rough roads

Still waiting for chaka to make me a vesc @sl33py looks like I’m going to need 2 spark switches for that BMS. One for charge and one for discharge.

@sl33py I have a tracking number for 2 vesc’s I should have enough parts to put this together

1 Like

I rewrapped all 80 of my batteries. First couple didn’t turn out so well but I got the hang of it.

I’m Marinating (balancing) my batteries in parallel.

Smurfing ain’t easy!

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

@smurf - looking good my friend!! Question on the re-wrap - did you need to remove the original wrap first?

Progress? Did you get your balance wires soldered up and battery mounted?

Come down next weekend maybe and let’s get you rolling?!

No I didn’t have to remove the old wrap. I just slide them on and shrink them with a hairdryer. My tool bag has puked on the living room floor and I’ll mount the battery today. I’m also doing a strength test on this vibration resistant pipe thread sealant. I’m trying this out because loctite will dissolve nylon!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Nice! You get the battery wired up and ready to connect it all now?

Not even close. Most if not all of them need to be cleaned up with the dremel.

1 Like

It may be worth adding a cross bar to your motor mounts. I had lots of issues with those mounts vibrating off. Even replaced the screws with steel hex nuts to tighten them more, and added jb weld, the weld cracked.

How did you add a cross bar?

i haven’t, im saying do like the mountain board guys do for trampa. Tap some screw holds in the tops and get a metal bar machined to connec the two mounts.