Raptor riding experience. The good

Ok. Great news for you guys…the bigger SPACE CELL PRO 4 battery for Raptors is coming in 1-2 months ! 360WH is massive. I am not a Raptor user, but I’ve decided to buy Enertion Deck + pro4 battery.

Sounds awesome, i want to do the same, pro 4 with the enertion deck (i want a kick tail) i want to somehow fit two 12mm belts on a dual rear motor set up. I am not sure how i can get this done tho.

“The pro 4 is about a week or two away from shipping, maybe even less.” From Enertion support yesterday.

But I am not talking about Space Cell 4 in a case …i am talking about Space Cell battery for enertion raptor deck. These are two different things.

The space cell pro 4 wouldn’t fit in a raptor deck so it’d have to be a new deck as well

It will fit …@onloop was talking about it here a few months ago. He is just going to use new BMS that is smaller.

This is what they had to say from my contact 4/27. From what he’s said, it sounds like there will be an updated raptor (and updated deck)

If you check out some of his videos with the space cell in a raptor. you’ll see that it’s already very compact. You need to add 10 more cells for 10s4p just will not fit with 2 vescs, a receiver, and wires in there in the current raptor deck.

Ok then …so the question is what he meant by “updated raptor” , maybe new enertion deck with larger battery compartment . Anyway 10s4p is a must for me.

i got one of the very first raptors. i had to change some settings on the VESC via the BLDC software to make it ridable. i don’t know at all if my settings are fine though so i was wondering what parameters you guys end up with? also when i brake it sometimes, randomly, stops braking for half a second. that might be settings related as well.

Don’t want to make my raptor brothers jealous, but i have 10S4P in my build :wink:

1 Like

Nice work. As currenr Raptor owners we may get jealous, but we now know from onloops vlog that we will have the option to update the Raptor as development on it improves. For the moment some owners are tweaking it anyway. It more than meets its demand the moment.

I told you 10s4p will fit in there :slight_smile: Just check BLASTO post and his 10s4p :slight_smile:

10S4P will definitely fit…

unfortunately, i am not custom making these one-by-one in my garage anymore… if i was still at that small scale i could just make them and be done with it. With growth comes complications.

For the last few months i couldn’t even get samples into to Australia…

we will not stop innovating…

2 Likes

Then why not having factory assembled battery packs that are ready to go ? Different size Plug n’play battery packs is something that could be a game a changer ,with addition of a deck that lid cover can be easily opened without having to fuck with screws. That’s something that market needs, and it doesnt matter if the deck is carbon fiber or some kind of wood , cf mix composite thing.

A question about “riding experience” what is the sweet spot of the raptor when comming to speed? If i want most milage, what speed will give me that?

@khayman Its meant to be in the high range 35 -45 km//hr. See onloops first post at top on this thread.

Avg 25km/hr or higher range.

1 Like

i did ride the raptor today for the second time, before it was always raining. it is such a nice feeling to carve on a flat street and you get the hang of it quiet fast even thought there is still a lot of room for improvement on my part. the first time the raptor felt so scary that i never even reached top speed but the second time i had no problem to ride at top speed (for more experienced riders a bit more speed might be fun in the long run). Handling the remote is just like learning to drive stick at first a bit bumpy but real soon you will get the hang of it and it will become second nature. so all in all this is a really fun toy and i do think well wasted money :wink:

4 Likes

Can’t we set our own RPM limits? or do we need a bigger battery to support higher speeds

i think the gearing would be the easiest. i think it is not a set rpm limit i do think it is the max revs of the motor

Oh ok, would love to hear more about this as someone tried asking the same thing about making it faster…although honestly I don’t see how I could get tired of 45km/h coming form 32km/h that fast lol maybe 48km/h would suffice, any faster and I’d need leathers