Raptor riding experience. The good

1. I just got totally screwed by my wheels factory, they made all my wheels with the wrong logo colours… this is likely to cost a few weeks (they are already 90 days overdue). At the moment our production is about 30 per month, but only if we have all the stock. So if you order in April, expect about a 30-day lead time. However at any moment in time this can be delayed due to us getting screwed by a supplier. So if you want an exact time frame i would have to say 30-60 days.

2. we don’t have that option available yet. we do sell it separate though. this would require you to modify it. http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/space-cell-pro4-electric-skateboard-battery/

3. it is possible to damage your motor, normally that will happen if you try to ride up a gutter that has a 1inch+ step. Approaching from 45deg angle is recommended. Normally riding on a path or road won’t be an issue.

Just tried Boosted dual plus against the Raptor Dual. They are very differebr boards. The throttle and ride on the boosted is smooth. In comparison the Raptor is just like a beast. Its really fast and has great range. The ride isnt as smooth as the deck is carbon so wont take the bumps as well as the Boosted. Raptor is made to get somewhere fast. They are just different rides.

If your concerned about distance travelled with Raptor just get another space cell and take it with you or get the fast charger and use that to get you the extra distance. This just cancels out the range issue.

Your not going to be able to get over the shortfall of that the Boosted can only do about 6-8km range. Im still riding around doing circles around it. Now get the Raptor Mono and youll also have great speed and extra range again.

If you watch out for high kerbs and bad paving as per Onloops advice the motors should be fine from serious damage. Ive only has some minor scratches to motor mounts on the very bottom of them.

I think the cost is comparable with other such boards. Dont think there is anything on the market with its spec unless you make it yourself. To put it in perspective look up Revoll. Now thats pricey and you still need to pay any taxes and shipping. No help if you have any problems as his ones still only just getting off the ground.

Dam Ive just highjacked my own thread. @Photorph please start your own thread.

I like the boosted dual plus I have, but hate the range and wish it had more max speed. It peaks out at 22 mph and then coasts at 20 mph full throttle, which feels very slow to me since I’ve done downhill before. I’m hoping the raptor can keep the claimed 27 mph continuously.

Thanks Dedbny and onloop, I think I’m going to order the raptor this month and I’ll take onloops word that I’ll get it within 30-60 days. I’ll be doing a high production value comparative review of the boosted dual plus, raptor dual, and the inboard m1 (which my friend is due to get soon). I think it will be the only review on youtube comparing the top 3 skateboards in the market currently (in my opinion). I really want to be able to say that the raptor dual wins out, but I’ll be honest in my review. Will have to include delivery time, customer service, top cruising speed, real world ranges, ride quality, smoothness, and build quality/durability in my review.

Alright enough thread hijacking. I’ll start my own thread once I have all 3 boards at hand.

I’ll do my best to deliver you an awesome raptor.

Let me know when you order it.

@onloop, I ordered it already. Order #2782. I have the boosted dual plus all ready, the inboard m1 will be delivered late april supposedly unless there are delays in first batch. So I’ll just be waiting on the raptor to do my comparative video. I’m hoping the raptor dominates them in performance! I’ll be posting my review on this forum, and on a few reddit E board subs including boosted board’s sub and the general E board sub. I am sure the video will get views by almost anyone who is interested in E-boards. I’ll start another thread soon, as soon as I get my hands on the inboard and raptor dual.

cool!.. what your youtube channel?

I have nothing on my youtube channel, the E-board review/comparison will be the first video. But rest assured that it will be a quality review. (I do wedding photography/videography normally)

youtube.com/malikphotography

Thanks onloop for your prompt responsiveness thus far.

A log of todays ride.

And one from yesterday. The Raptors were out numbered.

8 Likes

Nice! That’s a good sampling of boards there. Are you part of an eSk8 gang or something? Lol.

Im only new to eboarding. Managed to hook up with a few riders who have had boards for awhile. Most Evolve riders with many boards. There was 6 of us on Sat. Alot better than riding by yourself. Looking forward to another group ride.

1 Like

Was a guy called Johnno there? He has an evolve board.

No Johnno, Paul, Hayden, Luke and 2 Mikes.

I wonder how many times the boosted had to be charged? And were you just holding back speed wise on the raptor? I’m still waiting for mine, looks like there is a delay because of VESC supply issues.

Your unwanted patience will be rewarded. Will be posting a short video soon. Ive tested the Boosted Dual plus and the speed is good, but once yourve been at full throttle on the Raptor you will be wanting a 11 or 12 override booster button when on Boosted. I hit the 45km/hr limit today. Sweet.

Let’s just say that at one point I needed to be towed on my Boosted! It’s a great board and still probably my favourite out of all the boards pictured, but the fun is over all too soon!

2 Likes

Did you have issues with remote dropouts when the two raptors were riding in close proximity?

Jason told me to change remote channels, so was on 3. Assume other Raptor on other channel. No issues. Was a great day.

That’s what I was hoping to hear. Thanks. Just bought a Raptor mono for a buddy as partial trade for some of his art work, can’t wait to go riding.

Where are you located? You guys are going to have so much fun. Your a good mate. Just change the remote channel if you have conflict.