RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

@onloop Assuming I preorder the Raptor 2 for 899$ using the code “100RAPTOR2” and it gets sent to me somewhere around May2017. Will I have to pay Import duty for the 899$ +shipping which I acutally payed or will I have to pay duties for the full 1699$ which will be the retail sales value at that point in time? Or will it be sent from the EU warehouse with no duties at all?

1 Like

@onloop I just want to clarify the “levels” pricing on your website. What do those prices mean? If I preorder on the 28th, is the price $899? If I wait longer does the price keep going up? Is that what the different levels are for?

@onloop regards the 90mm 80a ghost wheels shown above i assume these will be for front with a mould from the same manufacturer to fit over the hub motor.?.. what thickness of polyutethene are you aiming at covering the hub motor and what effect does this have on hardness ie 80a… my concern with hub motors is the hub motor wheel will be significantly harder.

What is the stator size in the rspec 6372? @onloop you say it’s the same size as in these motors right?

Just use the code 100raptor2.

We will start selling the product at the low price (enter code during checkout to get the super low VIP price) however, there is limited qty at each price level, so as we sell-through the price goes up.

The idea is to reward the early birds!

Here is a timeline to show how we think the sales will progress.

• LEVEL 1 > 10 units only > Sold out instantly. First 5 mins
  • LEVEL 2 > 20 units only > Sold out first few hours. 1 day
  • LEVEL 3 > 80 units only > Sold out over the next 30 days
  • LEVEL 4 > 95 units only > Sold out over next 60 days

We are not really sure what will happen after LEVEL 4

We also have a counter on the raptor 2 site that will be updated each day to show the number of raptor 2 sold so far

2 Likes

It would be lovely if you would answer my question. I want to jump onto the train but this hinders me.

899$ + ~50$ shipping => ~185.91€ extra import tax dutie 1699$ + ~50$ shipping => ~440.19€ extra import tax dutie (the numbers are based off a calculator on a official EU website)

your government should charge you duties on the amount you paid, based on your receipt. if they charge you based on another price you could show them your receipt.

However, we are nearly 95% certain that these boards will be shipped into EU in bulk & the duties will be prepaid for EU resident.

2 Likes

Hitting the firs batch will be hard. :grin:

Video discussing the reasons for changing from full carbon fiber deck to wood & carbon

2 Likes

nov 28th, 1pm PST, hope you have fast fingers. It’s basically half price.

2 Likes
10 Likes

Well, thats a huge improvement when talking about aesthetics. I really didnt like the babyblue!

2 Likes

I am really trying to go stealthy looking with this.

3 Likes

just got THE NEW SPACE CELL X enclosure, what i may not have made clear is that this enclosure is removable… so you can easily take the raptor 2 and mod it with your own deck.

4 Likes

95% isnt enough. I just called the office in charge and when it comes with a bill that states 1699$ then there is no option to change that afterwards even if I provide the paypal history. :frowning:

Great video updates @onloop. Will the enclosure have a seal between to the 2 halves?

So how many of you are planning on buying a Raptor 2 on the 28th? Like this comment if you are so we can get a feel for how many of us are battling for the first 10 :slight_smile:

Fingers at the ready.. "Round 1, FIGHT". 

ps: @onloop are there any safeguards in place to stop one person from buying all 10 ?

3 Likes

I’m trying to find out what the price on the Hubs only will be

Raptor 2: 1532 Eur - 2x155 Eur VESC-X - 100 Eur Deck - 44 Eur Remote - 400 Eur Battery - 100 Front-Truck and Shit= 678 Eur

So the Hubmotor will be more than 500-600 Eur otherwise there’s no point in buying a complete raptor.

correct?

why should it come with a bill that states 1699 when you bought it for 899$? He would basically have to pay more income tax for nothing as he never got the additional 800$ even though his books would say so.