RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Thank you for the info. I had not given it any thought since I ranted about that fee.

I had originally searched my bank’s site and did not find what I wanted. I should have just searched the internet in the first place. My VISA card charges 3% of each transaction converted to U.S. dollars.

So if the upgrade is a maximum of $70, the fee will be $2.10. That I can live with.

Let’s get this done. I want to ride my Raptor 2. I’m glad I already have a board to ride that I like. I also have another one coming in addition to the Raptor 2. I think I have a problem.

I’m not sure if BigCommerce has a group buy plugin or not, but maybe you could post the product as a group buy and people buy the product, but they are not charged until a certain order minimum is reach. If you sold 400 boards, then the min group buy order amount could be 350… Once that minimum is reach payment is processed.

I think that would be the best way to approach everyone paying, because if not enough participate then no one was charged.

Good idea. It could be a mini kickstarter, and maybe people would be nice and stake others to get past the minimum amount.

You got the board at a decent price, and you crying over $50. Just get yourself a refund and stop moaning

the answer to that is no. I was already upset I paid much more than the “current tier” he still had listed on his site. I have already paid my “extra little bit more than I wanted to spend”

while its great hes trying to make the best out of the box board anywhere, he drew the price line and I said ok. Its higher than I wanted, but for a variety of reasons I went for it. If that price were to change, I would just cancel. I dont think I am blowing the party for anyone anyway. I DONT want the larger capacity battery due to their current output. If you have the batteries in hand and test them, instead of just reading spec sheets, you would see the voltage drop difference between the two. Im all for overbuilding a battery, and using a fraction of its capacity to have them last longer, but this isnt going to have the BMS clipping the upper and lower voltages for long battery life, nor are these motors going to be kind loads to the battery. I can accept that it will need to be replaced in a couple years… then I would just replace the cells with some cheap rc lipo pouches. Thats how I see the board. So no. I am not blowing the party for the rest. Im just at my limit and will not go further.

each refund is like 20+ people not paying for the battery upgrade. Hardly the response hes looking for when he has a cash flow issue.

Apparently you are the one who has only read spec sheets instead of looking at the actual discharge tests.

2 Likes

just because you CAN pull a good amperage, does not mean its ok for the battery. I think you misunderstood my intent in my post. almost any lipo can put out an excellent discharge current. the question is how it works when cycled long term.

You still have not understood how discharge tests are done and how to read them.

Not true - depending on the Lipo you will see huge differences in voltage sag.

whatever.

regardless of the battery, I dont intend to pay more for it. Im also not the only one… and considering his cash flow situation, he should keep that in mind. being a successful business also means making hard decisions and looking at things other than the final end product. I dont know the numbers, but either can can do it as is, without more income, or he cant.

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-yp39j5/zad02/images/stencil/original/products/208/1210/raptor-2-power-pack-1__35072.1490663333.jpg?c=2

THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

It’s time to make your payment for the RAPTOR 2 BOOST PACK

To make this deal even HOTTER we will also be upgrading your Raptor 2 with the necessary hardware so you can use the VESC MONITOR phone app.

YOU GET

• 20% Extra battery Capcity
  • Bluetooth Hardware

##ORDER NOW ONLY $59 USD

NOTE: As of April 1st Raptor 2 price will increase $100, The discount on this kit will also be removed.

Jason how are you gonna keep track and match the orders to either ones bought on the site or those of us the backed kickstarter. Are you using names or emails to make sure our boards get the boost pack added to it.

ordered it

I can track it using names, I suppose there is a chance people from kickstarter might use a different name? that will make it harder.

Also, this is a numbers game. If the BOOSTPACK orders don’t match the Raptor 2 order qty we can’t do the deal & we refund the money.

LEGEND!.. thanks for the support

You have already heard some people are refusing to pay for it, so getting the exact quantity to match up won’t be possible. Do you mean 90% of the quantity of raptors or what?

1 Like

Target is 90% lets see how we go

In 4 days, that’s gonna be one hell of a feat…

I’m not here to fuck around… :slight_smile:

##ORDER NOW