RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Just got my lights, now only the board is missing!

1 Like

I read that too quickly and got excited thinking you just got your tracking number

1 Like

That is an odd post to flag, Iā€™m also very interested to know where they are in their schedual. According to their latest update several boards were supposed to go out last week followed by more this week and so onā€¦ Is eveything delayed 1-2 weeks again or just the first batches? Iā€™m also in the same situation and not comfortable to let it sit at the postal office for several weeks.

1 Like

I am sorry not to answer all your individual question about when your board will ship, honestly, checking who is in line for shipment is not my focus just now, I have been invested only in the training of workers & resolution of problems & trying to get assembly lines working efficiently & of course getting Raptor 2 built too.

GOOD NEWS

Yesterday we shipped out 8 units, express! Tracking will come next day or so.

Itā€™s very stressful time for me, Everything is on the line here! I believe we got everything perfect! I really hope you like them & canā€™t wait to get some feedback so I know we are doing a good job!.

ALSO: As of August 1st we will have our customer team permanently working 24/7 on chat & tickets, you can all rest assured that our only focus is to constantly improve our products & service.

Iā€™ll be in China again next week to observe the next ramp-up phase of our production lineā€¦ In just a few weeks, we should be at full speed. Fingers crossed.

11 Likes

probably was accidentally flagged

We had 8 that were acceptable, we sent them as soon as they were ready.

Rest assured, as soon as we have more ready we will send them, exactly the same day.

working as quickly as possible.

5 Likes

Thanks Jason, I think most buyers care about quality more than time and appreciate the reasons and your honesty. Please keep not cutting corners, if us initial customers are happy with the product youā€™ll get a lot of good reviews regardless of delays. If everyone got their board in time but there were issues due to lacking QA, the opposite would happen.

1 Like

Woo thatā€™s amazing news! Hoping it gets here this week still, if not on Monday! Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

we need pictures and videos!

Youā€™re doing a good job Jason, as my wife would say Iā€™m a miserable ole sod sometimes and am expecting such good things (magic). Iā€™ll be a life long supporter and look forward to teaching my twins the same. Keep up the good work

To be honest, an extra week would have been very niceā€¦ but too much pressure from everyone to ship so I let them go.

Here are the known issues in first few shipped boards.

1. The box is not perfect, cardboard is not really stiff enough, so likely to get a bit squashed during transitā€¦extremly unlikely that the product will get damaged so not really concerned (new version delayed again - due in 1 week)

2. Some very minor imperfections on some hub motor urethane wheels, probably doesnā€™t matter much after the first ride, doesnā€™t impact performance (new parts still one week away)

3. Some slight discolouration/blotches on plastic molded battery lid, not really noticeable unless you look very close, but not 100% perfect either, also not 100% true black color - slight grey which looks good anyway. (mold needs further tuning - add 1 extra week)

Maybe i am trying to be too much of a perfectionist? I know perfection is not actually achievableā€¦

So in the end, I had to let this stuff slip through final QCā€¦ Such minor details & too many people complainingā€¦ Another week delay and people would just lose it.

I am pretty confident everyone will be happy, however, be sure to let me know if your notā€¦

6 Likes

Iā€™m glad your picky, can wait couple more weeks for my new babyā€¦

If you keep on em they will work it outā€¦

Exactly, minor imperfections on something that will (should) be used intensively really doesnā€™t matter at all. Once you ride it a little bit it will get dirty and get scratches and all that anyway. Also like you said yourself people are getting rather impatient so I donā€™t think they will even notice it has these imperfections when they get their boards lol. And if they really arenā€™t satisfied then you will have your customer service for that. Just know that even when you reach the limit of perfection people can and will still complain regardless.

Also about the cardboard thing, maybe you should double box it and just add that tape that says ā€œfragileā€ on it so atleast they are a little more careful with it during transit.

Thanks for update. Does this mean my board is shipped? I was order number 7 or 8

oh man, sounds great. if only you cared this much about quality control when you sold the Raptor 1ā€™s i would have been a loyal customer :cry:

1 Like

OR it is just some bs to buy timeā€¦

Buy time for what?

Could you tell us which order numbers had their board shipped already?

Thanks

Thatā€™s the original top 30 list. The order hasnā€™t changed just count from the top to the bottom until you reach 8 and there you go.

https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/4/9/49a52916586f8a3717819161d3e65f1e8dfd3d6a.png

2 Likes

Thank you for everything Jason. Iā€™m excited for my unit to ship soon! :slight_smile: