RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

8 Likes

Does anyone know if there are any “Customs” Shipping fee’s for shipping the Raptor 2, to the United States? And if so, how much? I am trying to figure out how much I am looking for ordering the Raptor 2. From the enertionboard.com website , it says free shipping. But This apparently might not include United States Custom Fee’s ?

I believe it also apply to the US

Hey guys, Carvon just made some claims in the comments of this instagram post that the Raptor 2 hubs aren’t safe and that the stator will move etc (read it for yourself)

While it could be that they are criticizing a direct competitor as a bad business practice i’m Hoping their is no truth to it. Could you guys read what they said and if you have lots of knowledge with hubs, give us some insight? Also tagging @carl.1 @onloop,

1 Like

nice catch, it it is legit hopefully it can be corrected before all the boards are finished

I read his comments and value his input, I say bring it on! :wink: Competition is great for consumers.

I’m not too worried about our product and we also offer 12months warranty to cover manufacturing faults.

My guess is the guy at carvon is feeling the pressure, he is now a direct competitor of Enertion & Raptor 2 - that alone is bad situation, not to mention we have superior technology.

1. FOCBOX
  2. Battery size
  3. Current throughput
  4. Finally, our motors, are custom designed, with custom magnets, specifically for low rpm torque, critical for hub motors.
  5. We also have a patent on hub motor cooling technology, which I’m happy to licence to him when he wants cooler motors.

So my guess is he will continue to try & dis-credit us to gain commercial advantage.

But he is months, maybe a year, away from having a finished product and is probably under huge financial strain… I KNOW BECAUSE I BEEN THROUGH THIS, its tough…

Also, Ask yourself this question about carvon?

1. Why are there no hill climbing videos?
  2. Why does he need to put a “protective layer” over his hub motors, is it because they are only 7mm from the ground?

I really like carvon, they are doing awesome stuff with the mechanical engineering. However he needs to move faster and get better electrical engineering or use the FOCBOX (we can offer that too) otherwise he is going to get left behind with an overpriced and outdated esk8…

7 Likes

I think it should definitely be considered carvon while they aren’t technically hub motors have the best in my opinion and years of experience with them. Enertion started with gears and pulleys, they are still new to them game, carvon has continuously brought forth amazing customer service and amazing products. I guess we will just have to wait and see though how these two do in the coming months, my money’s is on carvon

Monday 17th 10:37am in China and 03:37 BST and still no tracking number…

Poking @onloop, can we expect tracking numbers today (first 14)?

Sorry guys, Still sorting out some issues… we missed the delivery window on friday & Saturday.

Basically, I refuse to ship items that don’t match my acceptance criteria, I demand perfection from my production manager and won’t accept mistakes.

I’ll give you an idea of how trivial things are getting:

Oil marks:

Scratches on parts, marks on anodizing:

Imperfect finishing on deck:

I really want this stuff shipped, but I’ve come this far and worked so hard, I won’t allow the product to go to customers looking like it was made in my garage! I have asked for all these parts to be replaced & waiting for more photos for approval.

7 Likes

Thanks for the update. At this rate I won’t be able to receive my board before I leave for my trip to the US :confused:

I was really hopeful, oh well, I’ll survive a few more weeks without…

1 Like

Actually, we might be able to ship yours today, just waiting on final photos.

3 Likes

I’m really looking forward to getting my Raptor 2 and comparing it to my Carvon V3 build :wink: I’m really stoked to try @onloop new motors, Raptor 1 is still one of the best EBoards I’ve ever ridden. Excited for all the innovations :metal:Cheers to all the builders putting everything they’ve got into their work.

@onloop please also ship mine, I have a team for a video shoot for also another company which I am also willing to share with you FOC timing is of the essence. These minor imperfections I can live with, performance and robustness maybe not. If the board is as I expect you could well see me as a long term loyal customer Torque is everything I need to carry my fat ass and equipment is my main feature. Please confirm?

I agree with you, if you are going to be riding the board these scratches and dents will come eventually anyway so it’s not really a problem for most. I can understand though that for some people it might not make it look like a new (professional) product and more like a 2nd hand product. But you should definitely do something with those raptor 2’s (@onloop) whether it would be to ship to customers now who don’t care about these kind of marks or sell them at a little lower price so you recover some money rather than it being a waste. That’s ofcourse if you didn’t plan on using them further, maybe you use it for your tours or something I don’t know haha

It wouldn’t make sense as a business to send less than perfect units to people who say they “don’t care about scratches”.

Imagine buying an iPhone at retail price and having the screen come pre-cracked. Sure, it would have cracked at some point, but it’s just not the experience Apple wants to provide :stuck_out_tongue:. Might be a bit of a contrived example, but you get the point. If he lets this slide, what other gotcha’s are there around the corner :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You’re absolutely right Jamy and further shows the quality Jason @onloop is prepared to go hence the long term gain, however there are still many other areas that need improvement and will develop over time. I however am willing to sacrifice this for my video whom I have an established director on board to do and edit. I, like you are also on a time limit which is running out and have many trips through Europe that I could be utilising my drone and board for and can’t :frowning: so on this occasion am willing to accept less than perfect for my own gain :slight_smile:

To be honest I already know a few companies that sell “less than perfect” products for a cheaper price because you recover money from it and because there is already enough waste in this world so why create more waste? There’s no need to be so upset that your purchase would have these little imperfections that won’t affect the products performance at all? You make a comparison with a cracked screen on an iphone which is alot different as it hinders usage. A comparison would be a little scratch on the housing of the iphone lol.

HOWEVER From onloop’s point of view I can 100% understand that he only wants to bring out perfection, but I am just talking about the customer’s mentality IN GENERAL to expect that perfection is absurd in my opinion

Any other time one would expect perfection and nothing wrong with that; but if a client agrees to cosmetic imperfection over delay then the customer is always right eh? :+1:

That’s a customer service nightmare though… And especially since you’re planning to make videos about the product, I think Jason wouldn’t like to see a scratched board in videos that might promote the product.

On the other side, I could say “Oh I’ll take that scratched board” and then when it arrives I complain to support that I received a damaged board. Tracking that stuff is a nightmare. In the end it’ll cost less time and effort to all parties involved to just send out perfect boards :wink:

1 Like