Rant (our current gear sucks)

Having met them and ridden with them actually it is EXACTLY what they are riding. Having your own pro model is sick as fuq. Two of the sector 9 team-riders rock their models.

And generally you think to highly of so called prototype high cost boards. Yeah there are riders rocking 1k + decks. But the big majority of IDF riders stay with standard Rayne, Powel peralta, Original, Olson¬Heckmati or anny other given brand. It is the rider that makes the set up work not the other way around. We are mostly not that strong in the money department. Quite a few don’t even run with precision trucks cuz of money. All our money goes into traveling to the events, wheels and hostels to stay. Its a small family with not too much ways of living off of it.

The Idea that the top 50 riders in the world are some sort of super athletes with contracts sponsoring and an endless amount of deck and trucks choices is a pipedream.

So yes, we ride the EXACT same board you buy in a shop and no I am not nuts. I am part of this amazing friendly and open group, where we don’t talk how good something is or how amazing I am but we show how much love and appreciation we have for the sport and each other.

Mayby let a downhiller talk about downhill. Mayby let an innovator talk about innovation. Mayby don’t asume that, “research” how ever you define that word in your perspective, is equal to blood sweat and hard earned experience by many.

I mean I tried to inform you on a point super friendly, Instead of accepting or acknowledging any of that information you disregarded it instantly as nuts… Serious question, not hateful but out of curiosity: Do you really think you know that much ? that you have such an insane grip on any facet of this sport, that it allows you to view any other input than yours inferior ? I have not seen you on any international events nor on any rankings. Yet apparently I know nothing and I am nuts, meanwhile you, you holy entity of all wisdom mister @squishy654 is our compass for all orientation. Our moderator of any discourse, the epitome of human thought ?!

We are a loving family, we accept everyone of all skill levels, skin color, sexual orientation or nationality. The only thing we don’t accept is talking out of ones ass and disregarding other ideal and ideas. Respect of others is a necessity on the course. Otherwise people would get hurt badly.

6 Likes

Wow a fine display of that respect to go along with it too… I think you’re reading a lot more into what I’m saying then what I’m actually saying

I didnt read about it but it just feels weird to short the battery to me especially when disposing :smiley:

I put the old batteries in a bucket of salt water and let them sit for a day or more, once the bubbles stop it’s safe to dispose of. It’s basically shorting it yup…

The first time you get laid feels weird to. But then it seems natural.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

No just no lol electrolysis dude…

I would chop them with an axe, more fun and there’s fire which is cool

lol…here’s a fun way to dispose of a lipo…

2 Likes

Ya know what would be cool, a push push switch that worked sort of like an xt-90s

It first contacts a resistor, then the real current, then stays in place.

Yup, this is my favorite way, it 100% ensures that it’s inert before going in the garbage.

2 Likes

There are “battery switches” and something called Ignition Protection rated devices I wonder if any of them work the way you describe, it would appear many are just sealed, keeping the spark away from fumes…but eliminating the spark is in their best interest as well and I bet someone has made one somewhere…you could modify an existing battery switch as well with the resistor getting contact just before the rotary hits the main contact. http://shop.pkys.com/Ignition-Protection_ep_43.html

@squishy654 Why does it seem like it is always you that gets into arguments on here? You always take the opinion it is always some personal attack. I feel like it is about time to turn the magnifying glass inward to try and understand why you get so much flack. No hate, just saying, you seem like one of the major themes of “angst” in this forum. Continuously. People don’t like “know it all’s.” Especially when they make definitive claims with no backing. Deuces.

6 Likes

cough

Edit: to clarify: in my opinion he is @michichopf is a great contributer to this forum and i’m glad he is sharing his knowledge with us. You on the other side are way more demanding than giving back.

5 Likes

I don’t think I am reading anything into it. You made a statement on the podcast that is wrong and I didn’t agree with. Came here and voiced my opinion and gave facts and arguments to support it. You then proceeded to dismiss all that altogether and stating that holding an understanding about the subject like mine was “nuts” and misinformed.

• I shall be summary: Without participation in the sport or the competition, you dismissed my input I thought was solid information, re-used and reworded the same argument that was proven false prior and accused the thinking of using standard decks in competitions as nuts/crazy.

• I then simply followed up with a further explanation tho why I said what I said and to why your reaction should not have left your thoughts. Since you based your strong opinion about my post not in facts but rather a gut feeling or pseudo-knowledge.

• I thought since you often say that you enjoy discourse I could hold one with you, but usually a discussion is an open talk, based upon arguments and facts. Usually there are different fields of expertise withing the discussion group to give more information about a certain subject. Mostly people respect ones own limitations and welcome critic about their statement since correction is the fastest way to improvement.

• And most importantly, in a discussion you attack arguments or opinions masked as arguments, not people. That is basically how discussions work and since you apparently enjoy them so much I am flustered that you misunderstood. In my field a discussion is an intellectual battle, warfare based upon knowledge with a clear result and not just differing opinions.

• Ideas are there to be ridiculed, that how human growth works. I corrected a statement rather detailed. Instead of bearing an open mind and learning something you presumed to know it based on ?? feelings ?? and are then surprised when you get called out again ? That is how adult interaction works.

Wrote this so many times to you already, I guess I shall try again and again: I admire your energy and drive. I like how involved you have become. Don’t confuse opinions with facts and never presume you are the smartes guy in the room, since that will negate every learning possible. Talk about what you know, what you experienced what you are a part off. Don’t force ideas on others and most importantly be humble in your approach. Don’t presume anything, go out there and learn from others.

Over and out

(still not a single hard feeling over here, but this is how we normally conduct proper discourse)

5 Likes

Sorry I said anything actually…I’ll just delete my comments…

Well you kinda did. Imagine working at sector 9, or being a pro rider. Thinking about joining esk8 and stumbling upon your podcast. How nice would that make them feel to hear:"There is like sector 9 decks, and then there are decks that are racing down maryhill and there is a big difference between the two”

Having produced multiple world champions, having people rock their stock boards and wheel in the upper echelon of downhill, being a big contributor in the sport always helping out smaller events ?

This is what rubs people on here the wrong way. Such a statement cannot be made publicly just because you felt like it or you presume to know it all. This is basically slandering one of the OG donwhill brands.

Then you were given the easy out by saying:" Dang man that is wicked, didn’t know the were so involved and thanks for the input on racing gear within the circus" But you chose like every other time confrontation, belittling others and not even trying to change your way of thinking about it even when faced with the music…

https://www.urbandictionary.com/tags.php?tag=u%20lost%20me%20there

No sir, I didn’t. That is not the same and will never be. You cannot change definitions of words to suit your argument. Not happening.

The funny part is you think I’m arguing with you…lol

Sorry I ever muttered the phrase sector9, it will never happen again…it popped up because they are the largest factory of longboards, something people may know or understand, it was not meant for you, I could have use any major longboard brand as an example…if you don’t understand what I was saying how can you argue with it? I have told you now, this is the third time, that is not what I was saying, the point was about gear and how pros racing use much better gear than even is sold to the public…by ANY BRAND, take it or leave it…

Stop putting words in my mouth or characterizing what I said to suit your need to attack my character in front of the audience…I think they understood what I said better than you because they lack this insider “I know it all” bias that makes you hear things the laymen wouldn’t…and like I said, I’ll be sure to never mention sector9 again…if that’s your problem with my point…

Lol the greatest part about this is I had nothing to do with it. Look @JohnnyMeduse it’s not my fault this time

And it’s not on Facebook and you can only delete your own replies…not the entire thread :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes