PWRESC 6 pre-orders on pwrboards.com

true dude, amps v volts = watts

@cobber ā€¦ itā€™s not easy to work this out from the forums. Amps are quoted continually, but it depends on your system. Using watts would be a lot more accurate ā€¦ unless every system uses the same V but it doesnā€™t look like thatā€™s the case. Cheers

Would be cool to have more real constant values. We barely see these here!

Yeah there should be a standard. Like our (V)esc can handle X amps for 5 mins before thermal throttling.

But then there is also the mounting conditions. a. No airflow b. Heat sink no airflow c. Heat sink with airflow

3 Likes

Thats a really good points of benchmarkingā€¦

As I am myself working with ESC these conditions would provide people understanding of how the product performs in different environments and conditions :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree. There is if you buy motors. Controllers too most of the time. You need torque curves and real data. The VESC is awesome, and we really want to make it work for us as itā€™s got some great functionality and the package is incredibly small. Itā€™s a challenge due to inconsistency in the builds between vendors, and incomplete (or extremely vague) performance data. It seems itā€™s not amps that need to be measured itā€™s Watts. We probably missed early on the fact that most of the quoted amps are on much lower voltage. You can pick it up, but not easily. Eg: in this video if you watch the temperature as the system is thrashed it gets up to max temperature in a few minutes then the video stops and starts again. This is the type of load these controllers will be under. Every vendor selling VESCs should be able to give detailed curves based on a variety of conditions (as you point out) and different Voltage systems. When we are finished testing, we should be able to share our data which might help, but the solution is that each company / person selling VESCs needs to lab test them with conditioned power and monitoring.

We also found that the VESC monitoring output was not consistent. Eg: same conditioned power going in (48V / 30a) one VESC 4.12 said 25a and the other said 34a in the usb connected VESC software. I canā€™t speak to the reason for this. It might be not following the BoM, it might be firmware differences, it might be other changes the manufacturers made on the PCBs, it might be shortcuts taken ā€¦ it might be a bigger problem. It certainly points to the need for independent monitoring by VESC manufacturers to validate the performance. As consumers, itā€™s not unreasonable for you to expect this type of information when you are buying components. Itā€™s probably different for the companies selling complete boards as they only need to make sure that their system works. Cheers

1 Like

These the same?

https://www.banggood.com/HGLRC-FlipSky-FSESC6-6-60A-ESC-Anti-spark-Switch-For-Electric-Skateboard-Rc-Car-p-1304167.html?rmmds=search&stayold=1&cur_warehouse=CN

If the PCB says Flipsky on it, then it comes from Flipsky.

You should ask @trampa about that. He always has great excuses when it comes to why you shouldnā€™t call a showel for a showel. This confusion is all made by him trying to make more money saying heā€™s the only one selling vesc6. I think everyone should be able to call it vesc6 and then some kind of label to show who made it then people would know what they buy. Like it is now itā€™s just harder for new people to find the proper vesc6 productā€¦

1 Like