Programmer w/ understanding of VESC PC-side software language?

@devin I be that @Ackmaniac could do it. Those options might even be available in his modded version of BLDC Tool.

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/extended-bldc-tool-with-watt-control-mode-ppm-cruise-control-individual-throttle-curve-and-android-app/12286

Why? 200A through your motor is plenty. I’m sure your vesc would fry before you hit any of those limits…

Yes would be doable. The max amps are only regulated by the bldc-tool. It could be done to allow much higher values but I also don’t really see the point. 200A at like 5V (10% duty cycle at 12S) is already 1000W. If you have dual it would be 2000W. Then at 20% duty that would be 4000W. So the moment you would feel the difference is maybe for a second. Next problem is to that current control mode regulates the motor amps. So it would feel like a digital throttle. With throttle curve control you could try to fine tune but you should try 200A first. I think that’s more than enough. Watt control mode would work but at the start it would feel digital again. Only scenario this would make sense is for a dragster.

1 Like

please keep the conversation here. And i gave you already my answer.

But what do you want to achieve. Maximum acceleration from a standstill is fine. But for what do we need it. Because it won’t make the board more ridable and controllable. On the other side it would be interesting what are the maximum amps that the phase wires will support. Because they seem relatively slim. So how much AWG are those?

So i think this whole topic is only to show who has the most powerful hub motor. Sounds to me like a penis length comparison. And this will only result in more trolling here in the forum. And i don’t like to support that.

3 Likes

Have you done the test already with 200 amps? How does it feel?

Afterwards do the 200 amps 50V test first. I think no software changes are necessary afterwards.

Yes?
It’s the same question and he just keeps saying try 200 and no more. Best to find ask someone who knows or is interested in helping.

And you guys start the big storm in 3 threads before you even give the actual limits a try.

I thought it’d be good to get confirmation from someone who has maybe done 200 or can say it’d be ok before doing it. I’ve never heard of anyone doing 200. I’m not in a storm.