Pre-order: The Rocket Deck: Dual hollow channel longboard reverse mounted drop through deck!

Just an update: I am still working on finishing this first prototype to show you what can be done with this deck. I was able to thin down the profile a bit to give a slightly thinner appearance. I personally like the rounding better, and am aiming for that instead. But either way, I’m trying to make that part thinner.

Should have more photos to post by the end of the week.

Oof thanks for the update. New realistic ETA? I’m not rushing you, take your time and get it right, but I need to adjust my plans. :slight_smile:

I was really hoping to have decks being made by now, but the biggest issue honestly right now is funds. I need at least 3 more to jump in to help fill in the missing funds. My money has been getting destroyed the last few months by hummies motors. And we’re starting to assemble those now. I hope we are shipping those by the 18th of this month, assuming we get the wheels and cores right by then. Either way, I’ll have a lot of time over spring break to help hummie assemble them all.

If we can get a few more pre-orders, we’ll have them in about 2 weeks from the day I pay, assuming they don’t have any hiccups with the flattening or curving of the bottom edge. I was amazed they got the pockets to specification as quickly as they did on the samples. So I have a lot of faith in them to get it right quickly. I really want to say no later than the end of March, but it really depends on funds at this point.

If anyone knows someone who might want it, please share and help make this happen!

One feature I plan on offering in the near future is integrated head and tail lights, with the possibility of turn signals if paired with the remote I’m working on: (FYI, I know it doesn’t look perfect, but I haven’t appiled a clear coat to the sanded sections yet, so I’ll look a bit better afterwards)

3 Likes

did you do all that with a dremel and a drill? :bowing_man: mad skillz.

actually. just a dremel :smiley: takes a really steady hand :slight_smile:

Finished paint then bottom. Now you can take advantage of not having an enclosure.

6 Likes

Looking good! Do you have some side profile shots? It looks thinner from the pic already with the beveled edges.

Don’t tell me the beveling was also handheld dremel…

Maybe it’s the OCD in me, but why did you decide to route the phase wires to each axle through one side of the deck? This might be okay for the narrow vesc 4.xx form factor, but there might be placement issues if you had the version 6.

The non symmetrical placement of vescs would also necessitate two different size battery packs. Meaning it would be essential to have a custom sized packs for the deck.

I realise you have probably unwilling to make changes to your prototype, but would you perhaps consider putting two additional channels on the other side under the lid, in future iterations?

This is a piece of beauty ! Shame 4P is the max otherwise i would have used it with my carvon and luke’s intgrated deck for hummies hehe

2 Likes

This board can easily fit 50 cells with a bms and 60 cells without a bms is you are using dual drive.

10s5p or 12s4p with bms 10s6p or 12s5p without bms

1 Like

Be doing was a belt sander. It’s not perfect, by any means. But it’s to make a point. When done professionally, it won’t have imperfections like mine.

1 Like

So just to make sure I understand, your like To put 1 vesc 6 in each pocket, near the back. So a channel to each pocket would be best?

Just a few more pics!

12 Likes

Looks much better! :wink:

1 Like

Hey this is pretty awesome looking! Did the depth change, or is the slimmer profile a result of beveling the edge, or is it the paint?

Looking good, but more and more like a mini Ollin?

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/2153ab8867da769df63f3034fda63183/5B3ED1E1/t51.2885-15/e35/14026684_745651455576963_2129506745_n.jpg?se=7&ig_cache_key=MTMxODM3NDAyMTI5Njg2ODY4OA%3D%3D.2

Yes, that was what I was wondering.

I can add that. I’ll see about having that changed so theirs a channel to each pocket in all 4 dirrections. Trying to make these as universal as possible.

3 Likes

So bad news. They said there’s no way for them to bevel it, so we’re stuck with the deck as it is in that regards. The pocket size is increasing though to 650mm x 85mm x 25mm. I have modified a sample to make one pocket 75mm x 650mm and the other is about 650mm long and 80mm wise.

Fits a 12s4p 18650 pack plus space for a bms plus 4 vescs plus powerswitch, Bluetooth and receiver and ardiuno for the lights :slight_smile: Yes this board is meant to fit a lot!!

If I saved space better, I could fit a 12s5p + 4 vescs if I used my old Chaka quad vesc or a dual vesc/focbox

2 Likes