Pre-order: The Rocket Deck: Dual hollow channel longboard reverse mounted drop through deck!

Good point, thank you for pointing that out. Totally missed that!

I was gonna “in”, but youch $37 shipping. I need a moment to digest before clicking through lol

Shipping is real time quotes based on real time shipping costs. For most so far, it has not been that much. If you bought a pair of hummie motors, you can select local pickup, leave a message, and we’ll send it with your motors, which should be ready at about the same time :wink: easy way to lower shipping costs :wink:

That implies there’s enough for new junkies customers?

$37 seems reasonable for something that chunky, but got spoiled by Muir. Hey got one of @Hummie’s decks, do you think they can be shipped together?

And I want the motors, but I have to take another few breaths. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They can be if you are ok waiting. John has his decks In hand right now, as they were shipped with my samples. Shipping things together is far cheaper than shipping separately.

Looks beautiful, how do you normally route the wires? Through the truck baseplate backside ou dou you drill the baseplate?

In the past, I left a little gap between the bottom of the base plate and where the deck starts again. Still debating whether to do that or just leave it as it is now, which would require you to drill through the base plate.

why not bore the screws in slanted? It´s a bit more work of course, but that will allow you to take more material from the sides to give a slimmer deckshape.

The reason being they would need to use a 5 axis cnc machine instead of a 3 axis. That would balloon the costs for sure. The whole goal of this project was to create as affordable as possible of a board. This is by far the cheapest hollow core deck ever released to the public. The closet I’ve seen is over $350, almost double the price.

I have checked and even as the design is now, I can do a 10mm radius on the bottom. I will be modifying one of my samples to see how that affects the looks :slight_smile:

I definitely want to thin it out…

1 Like

for sure… kk let us see how that´ll work out :wink:

I prefer the connectors in the side of the truck, MT60 ou bullets (best pic I had)

DAMN. That looks awesome. Got no money to buy one but could you post a couple picks with some wheels mounted to the trucks to satisfy my insatiable craving for sexy ESK8 pictures?

I will defiantly once I touch up a deck with the changes. Won’t look as nice internally as they do it and will be on the first production run but it’ll give a better idea of what it’ll look like.

How much does your sample deck weigh?

Have you tried mounting 6-8 inch pneumatic wheels on your deck? Is there sufficient clearance to avoid wheel bite?

1 Like

Hello. Any news on deck?

1 Like

The samples weight 8.4 lb with the lid.

Haven’t tried pneuatics. From side to side, the wood is 4.5 inches wide. So as long as your trucks are 6 inches or wide, I could see it working. Again though, haven’t tried it yet.

The decks are being negotiated still. They have been on a lot of holidays this month, so things went a bit slower than I thought. They should be in production any day now. Still trying to get them to round the bottom of the deck to give thinner side profile. I did it successfully to one of my samples and it does look nicer and thinner.

2 Likes

How much space is it inside. Will I be able to fit : 10s4p 18650 battery pack. 2 focbox 1 BMS from bestech 80A L120W80T25mm???

I think you will have to stich witch charge only bms

Yes, it will fit. In fact, a 10s5p + your bms + 2x focboxes will fit! Each pocket will be 650mm long by 85mm wide and 25mm deep.

So in the right pocket, you can fit up to 34 x 18650 cells. Lets say you do 30 as it might be more like 20 or 21 if you use cell holders.

650/19 = 34 cells, or 650/20 = 32.5 cells, or even if the cells are 21mm with cell holders, 650/21 = 30.95 cells.

Now in left pocket, you have 650 - 85 - 85 (2x focbox) = 480mm left. The bms is 120mm, so 360mm left.

Now with that 360mm left, 360/19 = 18.95 cells, or 360/20 = 18 cells or 360/21 = 17.14 cells.

If you keep the cells smaller without those cell holders, you could easily fit 34 cells in the right pocket and 16 cells in the left, for a 10s5p, with 2x focboxes and that 80a bms you posted!

There is sooo much room in these boards… It’s crazy but great for powerful, long range boards.