Opinions on Trampa stickies?

still waiting, think the black stickies were out of stock!

Last I checked, every 90mm stickies are out except the 81a reds. Blargh…been waiting two weeks :disappointed: here.

I wonder what could have happened with the lack of grip after some miles of riding? the compound should be the same through all the wheel even if it’s really worn

from my experience new wheels always grip like hell in their breaking in period! after 30-40km they start to be “normal”!

The container is due to arrive, so we expect everything to be back in stock soon.

Frank

I ship him the Pulley tomorrow.

Frank

Did you modify the pulleys and retainers so they don’t seat on the wheel but the core?

Yes, all of them. It’s only the 37mm pulley BTW that can squeeze the urethane when you are not careful. The mod can even be done with a file in 10-15 minutes. Simply file down the edge of the inner teeth in a 45°angle. Clamp the pulley to a table and use a rather coarse file. 10 minute later you pulley fits like like a dream, spinning centred like on a lathe. Try the pulley on your wheel until it slots straight down on the core. All 6 bolt ends sit flush with the surface on the inside of the pulley, when mounted. Beautiful! Some dents or uneven filing on the inner teeth dosn’t matter, since the belt will never ever travel there. They sit inside the wheels inner contoure.

Frank

today I went back from 1 month daily kegel to 3x 90mm stickies and 1x 90mm abec 75A. looks a little stupid but omg, did I miss soft 90mm wheels. hopefully my replacement wheel will arrive soon.

attached the new pulley to one of my “old” stickies. not really convinced the core is going to stay healthy, because I had a 33T pulley which was seated on the core only. :thinking:

wish the pulley was a little more narrow. right now I have uneccessary leverage which adds tilting pressure to the core. @trampa why is it so wide? is it meant to be used with 21mm belts?

1 Like

What the sticky with the broken core replaced under warranty?, were the pullies replaced as well?

yea, got a new 37T pulley from frank a few days ago and new stickies (probably just one) are/is supposedly under way.

If you don’t mind, i will pick it up in Nottingham on Saturday and stick it in the German post on Monday. Faster than royal mail. I will also send you a new 33 pulley.

width is 21mm because a 15mm belt wants a 21 mm pulley. Depending on the mount, the belt can swim a bit. The long Urban Carve mounts have some minor flex and depending on the direction of spinning the motor, the belts can flow to the left and right. Trampa is a bit like Lego. A lot of things connect to a lot of other stuff and you can build many different kinds of boards from the same components. So certain tolerances need to be in a certain way. Maybe 19mm would also be good. The option to ride 20mm belts is nice.

If you like I can lathe your new 33 pulley down to 16-17mm.

Frank

oki with the german mail (even though its only tuesday, think royal mail wouldve been faster). :stuck_out_tongue:

why a new 33T pulley? did you change them to be more core friendly? the 37T pulley looks flat like my 33T pulley, so unless you have found an issue and resolved it, I wont need a new 33T pulley. cant return your 37T pulley either, cause it has already 40km on the clock. used another motor with 230Kv to adjust the different gearing 33->37T :wink:

Thanks for the update on the stickies, currently considering the 83mm 76A wheels…

Interesting phase wire knot :wink:

If you want to use the 37 instead, fine.

Frank

wires were a little long :smile:

yea, its ok right now. but do I get this right, that the 33T pulley is currently unchanged and I could run my setup as I have (the very same setup that broke the core within a few weeks of use)?

1 Like

Hey White Pony, I saw 2 Pics you have uploaded, the skateboard with the suspension maybe, where do you have that, what is it?. You can write me: [email protected]

1 Like

This is G-Bomb

very offtopic, but since its here now I can aswell answer: basis is a gbomb push/pump setup (super fork & deep drop bracket), with the platform switched from gbomb freewill to a bossa 29". trucks are dont trip poppys, wheels 3dm avila clear red.

its my workout board for non electric touring, got it since about 3 years now. pumping is very fun and satisfying!

5 Likes

used last weeks bad weather to read a little on lathe & co (I inherited a small lathe from my grandad a few years ago). used my knowledge to lathe down the trampa pulleys so that I would just have it as wide as I need for my 15mm belts!

very happy with the results and it will probably help with the forces on the core too!

4 Likes