Opinions on Trampa stickies?

I’ve been looking for a softer wheel to replace the wheels that I got from Torqueboards a few months ago (claim is 76a but the 81s on my non-electric are softer…). 74a Tampa stickies look to be perfect but with shipping to US the cost skyrockets - I want to make sure these things are good before purchasing. Does anybody know how these hold up? Do they really feel like the 74a that trampa claims?

u can try to mention @trampa himself here, though would be great to hear from someone is a user already… definately looks like they have brought something new and also perhaps high quality to the market… too bad shipping for you to usa is high… they should probably open a branch in usa… to drive the shipping cost down :smiley:

Hi, we wouldn’t offer different shore hardness’s, if they were all the same. Its all about choice, we like to offer. 76a is already quite soft and you feel a huge difference to the 81a wheels which are quite solid. So we thought: Lets ad a 74a + the entire 90mm wheel range in all hardness’s. A bit crazy, but no one else does it. Search the internet… Price is reasonable if you consider that we park a lot of $$ in wheel stock, since we need to buy quite a lot of wheels per harness and size if custom made to specification and in top quality. Premium brand urethane, propper hardness accuracy etc… We have tons of wheels for all sorts of applications! Have a look at our pneumatic wheels and tires options. Its insane. You pay for choice that you wouldn’t get somewhere else. Choice means stock and stock means invest and storage. Nothing is for free in this world. Be glad that you found what you need and pay with a smile. Its only a little more for you but a lot of invest and risk for us.

Frank

1 Like

Frank, I am absolutely willing the spend the $$ on this if it is what I am hoping for. The purpose of this thread was to see if people who purchased them think they are worth it. Do you have any videos or pictures that show how these ride, or how they hold up overtime?

When will be the 90mm 76a in stock?

The 90ties just get their print. We float them over. I’ll check and give a reply.

Quality is as always Trampa! We don’t do the cheap stuff. The softer, the more they wear, sure. I had some cheap orange clones which were down in no time. Frustrating…

Wear is only an issue on the driven wheel though. I recommend to buy 5 so you save on shipping. To be honest: My 76a Stickies have quite some miles on and are still good. Not good for sales (-; I changed the wheels over once (left to right). Its 20mins of work but prevents uneven wear. If you change front to back and left to right, they will last quite long. You won’t be disappointed.

Frank

@trampa Let me know when you get the STICKIES LONGBOARD & STREET CARVER WHEELS - 83 X 52MM - 74A and the STICKIES LONGBOARD & STREET CARVER WHEELS - 90 X 52MM - 74A in and I’ll buy them. Just found your site today and it kinda sucked that you’re out of the only ones I want. :slight_smile:

Good tip! Thanks! I’m also waiting patiently for these wheels. I have a nice custom build coming up and the ABEC 11 Green and Orange color scheme is not really what I’m after. I need a set of the Black 90mm as soon as humanly possible. Please!! You guys are really stepping it up at Trampa! Everything…Drive systems…wheels…MTB stuff as usual. All great looking stuff. Can’t wait to try some out and put some mileage on those 90mm wheels. Trampa seems legit as they come. IMO

Hey @trampa! You have some typos on the sales pages for the 90mm wheels. FYI. On the page for the Black 90mm it says 74A, but in other spots it says 76A. Could you guys please clarify what is what? It appears to me that White is 78A, Black is 76A, and Blue is 74A. Is this correct?

Correct! Red is 81a. I’ll check the site for bugs today.

Frank

How much do you want for them @BoardSportsRN?

im had black 83mm stickies on my vanguard with cronins!

• they look gorgeous
  • they feel about as hard as 80A kegels
  • they feel quite a bit more uncomfortable than my 76A 90mm flywheels
  • they have very good grip on, like really really good! cant make my vanguards rear break out with these

i had a problem with the inner bearing core and the trampa pulley: if you fasten the screws handtight, the retainer works great and even compresses the bearing seat, the pulley though seems to deform the bearing seat so that it actually opens up. bearing was very loose and did ticking noise when you spun the wheel. had to loosen the screws a lot and fixate them with a lot of loctite.

Hope that helps. Six bolts can build up a lot of pressure without noticing it! Bolts sit quite loose. Interlocking does happen on the urethane. The extended puley teeth grip into the urethane, preventing any slip. So the bolts are not really under strain. The carve board bearings are slightly oversized and bolts can be a bit tighter, using the 9.55mm ID carve board bearings. I would not use the wheel for skate bearings when you have used carve board bearings before. The oversized carve board bearings slightly stretch the plastic over time and the replacement skate baearings will in consequence sit a bit loose. When clicking occurrs, your bolts sit to tight. Lock paste schould alsways be used!

Frank

Hi Ulfberht, we will fly some wheels over, so hopefully they arrive before Christmas.

Frank

That means you know the date when the 90mm wheels willl be in stock or that means you don’t know when they will be in stock?

1 Like

We hope they arrive mid of december. Stock is about to be finished and we will fly some over. Sorry for being so imprecise.

Frank

Sorry I’m too stupid to understand your words. You hope the wheels arrive mid of december at the customers or at your place? Stock is about to be finished means they are almost ready to ship from the factory to your place? You will fly some over means the wheels will leave your island with the airplane?

1 Like

Production nearly complete, arrival at Trampas warehouse mid December (fingers crossed). Sorry.

Frank

2 Likes