OllinBoardCo's High Output VESC

Hey @eskateking glad to see your connector issue was resolved. Don’t feel bad your are not the first to make that mistake.

Looks like you still need to apply your detection results and write them to file.

In app configuration you need to select PPM write to file and configure it on the PPM tab. Take your time and do some research, it is really easy to burn up perfectly good hardware if you are not too experienced.

You can still use ppm uart, but yes make sure in the ppm tab you have actually sellected current with brake no reverse, Basically by default the ppm tab current isnt activated

I don’t quite understand.

Everything you need to know is on this page: http://vedder.se/2015/01/vesc-open-source-esc/

A few very helpful videos too!

I think he fixed it, he didn’t do a reset after setting the application.

Iv been in this rut before I swear I pressed reset but guess what I didn’t!

I upped the temp limits to 120/140 and did some pretty hard riding without problems. It’s still too soon to say but I’m guessing the temperature sensing on this particular vesc is off somehow.

I watched some videos. Still quite confused. If possible, I would like to have a phone call with you.

I’m pretty sure I pressed reboot since I’ve tried so many times I must have done it at least once.

@chaka is this possible

Hey Caleb,

I might be able to give you a few minutes today but, I am going to be really honest , I think you bit off a little more than you can chew with your project. Please don’t take this as harsh, I am happy to help but I dislike having to spoon feed people info when it is so freely available.

PM your phone number to me and I will give you a call a little later when I have some VESC’s in the reflow oven.

1 Like

Looks familiar :slight_smile:

DougM

very few people will understand this as much as I do…

1 Like

Looks like it’s almost finished. Nice job @DougM I’l have some revised gerberfiles going soon with mosfets on one side, we’ll see how they do on testing but it is still a long way out.

Means they didnt search or read before asking questions. So please people if you read this do your research first, if you cant find the answer then ask.

1 Like

I honestly am starting to not come on here as much just because nooks have been repeatedly asking the same stupid questions

1 Like

It’s kind of annoying when people don’t even try to learn before they ask. It’s really all available and that is a fantastic thing!! I regularly feel stoked and grateful that ES and ESK8 are here!! I can get pretty much any knowledge that I need. Sometimes I gotta dig a little more than I would like, but it’s worth it in the end because you come away with not just a superficial knowledge, but a deeper understanding of what makes it all tick. I am grateful for the help that people have given to me, but I really try actively to not “drag down” the people that are actively serving our community here. Be mindful of their lives and families y’all!! Much love!! @onloop @chaka Thanks for all that you do! I can’t imagine how tired you guys must be of wiping bottoms! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I second that one. Thank you you @chaka and @onloop for all your work here. Especially @onloop, you really took on the challenge of educating the masses, and while I see places for improvement in the structure, you’ve stood there and kept helping n00b after n00b. So thank you for that.

1 Like

Thanks @Chaka - I still have some reliability problems, but I think I have finally found the root cause. I need to do some road testing before I declare success, though.

In any event I’ll look forward to your new design :slight_smile:

DougM

You should post that on the appropriate thread @eskateking

I think I have been more than gracious with you but at some point I need to tell you practice a little courtesy and show some forum etiquette.

Stop hijacking this thread!

Hey @chaka. I’ve got a VESC incoming from esk8.de (can’t order from outside of EU due to import taxes). I’ve gone through this thread and your site and couldn’t directly find it, but: Would you mind sharing the type of heatsink/ or the dimensions. I understand if you’d rather not ;). Going through mouser, conrad and farnell is a pain :stuck_out_tongue: