OllinBoardCo's High Output VESC

Looks familiar :slight_smile:

DougM

very few people will understand this as much as I do…

1 Like

Looks like it’s almost finished. Nice job @DougM I’l have some revised gerberfiles going soon with mosfets on one side, we’ll see how they do on testing but it is still a long way out.

Means they didnt search or read before asking questions. So please people if you read this do your research first, if you cant find the answer then ask.

1 Like

I honestly am starting to not come on here as much just because nooks have been repeatedly asking the same stupid questions

1 Like

It’s kind of annoying when people don’t even try to learn before they ask. It’s really all available and that is a fantastic thing!! I regularly feel stoked and grateful that ES and ESK8 are here!! I can get pretty much any knowledge that I need. Sometimes I gotta dig a little more than I would like, but it’s worth it in the end because you come away with not just a superficial knowledge, but a deeper understanding of what makes it all tick. I am grateful for the help that people have given to me, but I really try actively to not “drag down” the people that are actively serving our community here. Be mindful of their lives and families y’all!! Much love!! @onloop @chaka Thanks for all that you do! I can’t imagine how tired you guys must be of wiping bottoms! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I second that one. Thank you you @chaka and @onloop for all your work here. Especially @onloop, you really took on the challenge of educating the masses, and while I see places for improvement in the structure, you’ve stood there and kept helping n00b after n00b. So thank you for that.

1 Like

Thanks @Chaka - I still have some reliability problems, but I think I have finally found the root cause. I need to do some road testing before I declare success, though.

In any event I’ll look forward to your new design :slight_smile:

DougM

You should post that on the appropriate thread @eskateking

I think I have been more than gracious with you but at some point I need to tell you practice a little courtesy and show some forum etiquette.

Stop hijacking this thread!

Hey @chaka. I’ve got a VESC incoming from esk8.de (can’t order from outside of EU due to import taxes). I’ve gone through this thread and your site and couldn’t directly find it, but: Would you mind sharing the type of heatsink/ or the dimensions. I understand if you’d rather not ;). Going through mouser, conrad and farnell is a pain :stuck_out_tongue:

40mm heat sinks are ubiquitous. They need to be cut down to size to fit the VESC. We have plans to machine a matching heat sink to cover the entire VESC, making contact with the mosfet tabs, drv and stm32 chip but we need to finish a few other projects before we tool up for production milling.

Great to hear, an entire cover sound great, next step a low profile/thickness enclosure around the rest of the VESC? So they’re cut down to size, that’s probably why I couldn’t find them, thanks!

1 Like

Hey @chaka Just curious what the time frame would look like if I ordered a VESC from your site. I apologize if it’s already on the forum somewhere else. I’m new and still trying to figure things out. I have most of the other parts, just trying to get a VESC to finish it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

I ordered mine Sunday 2 weeks ago and got a shipping label on the next Monday. Post office didn’t ship the package for some reason but he sorted it out and I recieved it today. Definitely worth it and great quality. You’re probably looking at around 1-2 weeks minimum depending on how busy they are.

Hey, thanks so much for the info. Really appreciate it :slight_smile:

where can i get another capactor for @chaka vesc?

Do you have a bad cap @willpark16 ?

yea so i soldered it off

If you purchased the VESC from us we can send you a fresh cap. You can also check mouser : http://www.mouser.com/Nichicon/Passive-Components/Capacitors/Aluminum-Electrolytic-Capacitors/Aluminum-Electrolytic-Capacitors-Leaded/_/N-75hqwZscv7?P=1z0zlbmZ1yx4avu&FS=True

Get something with 5mm lead spacing to fit vedder’s cap board.

I have another cap board coming out to hold 2 larger caps totaling 6600uf in the next day or two.

1 Like

yes this was purcased from ollinboards