Ollin V2 Motor Mount - Adjustable Idler Drive

you need to email him if you really want something.

Shiiiit again

He also sells belts on his website still. I assume one of them is the size he shipped you. Good luck!

1 Like

Just got these yesterday. Ain’t they a beauty with red on black??

9 Likes

I knew I should of ordered a set when I had the chance…:sweat:

5 Likes

Who says you don’t have the chance?

2 Likes

I know, I saw that! I have to give the pocket book a rest for a minute, hopefully they are still available when I’m ready to spend some money again!

180mm cast Ronin’s are not available from Ronin anymore… be interesting to see what the new trucks look like?

something will change

1 Like

Didn’t know about that, what are they going towards?

new cast ronins will be released mid feb… their billet trucks have shrunk in width with three size options available, being adjustable with a 5mm spacer on each axle: 144-154mm, 154-164mm & 164-174mm. The way the truck designs are going the hangers are getting more triangular which makes less room for motor mounts… but who knows Chaka could have done a deal with Ronin? so wait and see…

1 Like

What motors can I use with this ?

Turningy SK3 motors

63xx? Or not

Yeah 6354, 6364 and 6374

ok thanks hehe

I want to see pics when you get something going. Those are so damn sexy!

…the new Ronin trucks. The ‘Katana’. According to them, they poured everything they know into these new model. 174 mm seems the máximum lenght but you can still order longer axles for free ride and sludge applications (that’s us, is just that they don’t know It).

…someone needs to tell them we exist.

1 Like

165mm/155mm adjustable max width…,

Ronin may have that in the description, but they decided to stick to selling the 164mm as the max width for their precision billet trucks, which you have shown. I don’t think they’re going to budge too much since most downhill boarders aren’t going to use 180mm or longer width for their needs…

When they first released their new Katana models, they DID have 174mm up there as an option, but removed it a week later.

And I think…some esk8-ers won’t care about the 160mm width and will use them anyway…

Wanted to share a few pictures and impressions from my build. I’ll do a more complete build thread outside of this thread once I get a new deck. The deck you’ll see pictures of below snapped in the back!

Overall, this is a fantastic drive system. My previous build was with hub motors, and this is a more efficient system with barely any loss in roll resistance compared to my hub motors due likely to the idler. The torque transfer is direct without any torque steering. I’m using some sk3 192kv motors from @barajabali, and they work beautifully with this drive — very smooth acceleration and braking. I don’t have the sensors installed yet.

Ronin trucks are a dream compared to the Paris trucks I was using before. I don’t have a lot experience with different trucks and bushings, but the setup I have now feels more confident when carving than my Paris with hub motors. They also feel like they help stabilize the board when I commute over horrible DC city streets.

Whole build quality of Chaka’s work is top notch. It’s easy to swap out wheels, adjust idler, and adjust angle of the mount. I expect this drive system will be a part of my future builds.

Here’s a brief build summary:

• Dual Ollin idler drive
  • Ollin 4.12 VESCs
  • 10s3p 30Q from @barajabali
  • Dual sk3 192kv, running uncensored
  • 90mm Popoca wheels
  • Globe Maiden deck, 33 inch wheelbase. This snapped so looking for other deck recommendations that will work well with a dual diagonal

Pictures!

Cc @mmaner

8 Likes