Ollin V2 Motor Mount - Adjustable Idler Drive

Hope you guys don’t mind the deeper chamfer on the large radius. Looks great and adds a smidgen of extra clearance when at full tilt on the trucks.

https://scontent-lax3-2.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/24175042_550522708626156_825949312264437760_n.jpg

4 Likes

are you gonna send em out with those milling lines?

We were planning on it but we can give them a brushed finish if someone doesn’t want those sweet tool marks.

1 Like

yea I was gonna say, those marks are sexy as hell :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Not sure of the material, but ive hit some hard bumps with these wheels, and they’ve stood up to it just fine.

@chaka … What’s the status on the Abec 11 adaptors/pulleys?

Interested in a dual setup as soon as the pulleys are done.

Oh and dumb question…this is a 15mm belt setup correct?

I believe 12mm. Could be wrong though.

They are on the work list but I am going to be completely honest. These new wheels with the kegel core are way better than abec flywheels in terms of ride quality so the incentive to make and supply abec adapters is fleeting. I spent the weekend switching between the two wheels, 75a abecs and the 78a labeda thane and the difference is huge. I really like Chris too so saying this isn’t easy.

It is a 12mm belt drive, together with the idler it is more than enough width. In fact we could step it down to 9mm and probably still run without issues but the 12mm adds that extra headroom so to speak. If I were hypermiling or competing in an endurance race I would probably switch down to 9mm for more efficiency so going up to 15mm when it isn’t necessary would be bad for performance due to the losses the extra width would create.

1 Like

How much is to ship your wheels to Europe? Maybe a EU group buy?

A single set carries a $23 to $32 shipping charge for international orders

I can fit 3 sets in a medium flat rate box and I think they ship almost anywhere for roughly $66 usd.

If you order 16 sets we can ship in bulk for roughly $150 to $200 in international shipping charges.

@chaka what’s the latest? I head back to college on Jan 6, so it would be nice to have it by then.

Blew up some gears on my lathe, luckily it wasn’t to big of an issue getting them replaced. I have the next few days off so we should have everything done in time.

2 Likes

how in the hell did you manage to blow up the gears in the lathe?

Its not a massive unit, It actually had plastic gears. I upgraded to steel!

I was using insert tooling and trying to take some heavy cuts.

1 Like

the horror! plastic gears!

sidenote: tacon may be getting replaced tomorrow, its served me well :blush:

1 Like

Got my order, all I have to say is WOW. The combo with the POPOCA wheels is amazing.

3 Likes

@chaka Belt broke on first week of usage, you think the extra gears adds too much tension?

What’s the gear ratio?

I think we did 14/40

@chaka, anyway I could get replacement parts for 15mm, I don’t think this is gonna work with my 6374 the way I ride it.