[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Heyy guyss Ive always wanna build a budget electric skateboard and I wanna build aamini sized one, like a fiik mini. I’m planning on taking it to England next year but I am living in Hong Kong China right now. I do know the site taobao but I do want some advice on selecting components. Anyway nice to meet you guys

I don’t think you will want to go there next year after what happened today :wink:

Hi my name is Moe I’m looking to build my first electric long board, I’ve done some research and have come up with the following parts for the electronics of the build (excluding transmitter, receiver and balance charger)

Motor: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=18129

ESC http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_32127__HobbyKing_174_8482_Brushless_Car_ESC_100A_w_Reverse_Upgrade_version_AU_Warehouse.html

Batteries X2 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8583__ZIPPY_Flightmax_5000mAh_3S1P_25C.html

I believe these three parts are compatible with each other but my only concern is that the motors spec say “14TVoltage: 10~12S” after rewiring the two 3s batteries I will have 6s. Will this 6s be sufficient or will it not be compatible with this configuration? I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

Thanks!!!

Welcome @mm6ix

Use this to help you figure some stuff out

Thanks for the link! Looks like if I use these parts ill be able to get the long board to a comfortable top speed . Would you happen to know if the 3 components listed above are compatible though?

This thread will help you

@evoheyax worked long and hard on this

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/new-builder-list-of-known-and-commonly-used-parts/2983?u=michaelinvegas

Thank you, this is perfect

1 Like

Pretty much all the answers you need are here…do take the time to search around…the senior members will be glad to put in their two cents…please start a build thread for yourself ( we likey pictures :camera:)

Will do as soon as I get all the parts, hopefully it’ll help someone out

1 Like

I have to coz i have been planning to study there lol I wonder how can I transport it to uk

I have a skateboard a mate of mine gave me, it came with a motor and skateboard and all set up that’s it thought. No battery or anything else and at a loss of where to begin

Hello eSk8 community! I’ve been sifting through this place for weeks helping to decide on my pre-built and get ideas for my DIY boards. Have at least 4 builds on the cards atm, mostly for other people. For myself, I’d like a DIY Raptor Dual AT and a Trampa. Can’t wait! Loving my Evolve Carbon AT, but knew before I ordered it wouldn’t tackle the hills in my area. Will get tonnes of use before I upgrade to my DIY.

1 Like

Hello my name is Michael, i live in NZ, ive been wanting an eboard for a while now but stuck on what to do :-/ i have the perfect board for it (in my eyes) but when i add everything up that i want it would be cheaper to get an evolve bamboo series. I like the idea of adding to it later but after buying some great slim batteries motor mounts etc it would be around the same price and i dont think i could do as a good job as an evolve board so kind of stuck on what to do. Any suggestions would be great, was thinking of enertion battery and maybe go with a single motor for now.

1 Like

Hi eBoarders,

Been lurking around this site for awhile, think it is time to say hello!

Welcome, My name is Darien, I’m 48 years old. I have 6 lovely children. The oldest is 24 and the youngest are 2, yes a set of twin boys. I got into eboards when I was looking for an alternate source of :train2: transportation while commuting. Came up with a wonderful idea. Helped solve my techie nature and transpotation issue as well as recreation. Couldn’t have found a better solution. I’m a jack of all trades. I can pretty much do anything I put my mind to. My main career is :barber: barbering. I cut hair for a living. Love it to death. I’m also a video gamer, comic book lover, photographer, dj, build :computer: computers, carpenter, painter, chef cook, bake and BBQ. Also rollerskate quad wheels. Now I want to try a hand in e-board skating and building. Looks like a well stable community. Getting all my parts ready. Done a lot of research and I’m pretty much ready. Hope to talk to everyone soon. Are there any e-boarders who live or reside near the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex. Would Love to hear from you and build a community e-boarders here.

First board setup, Long board Downhill Top Mount Quality Skateboard 37"x9.75 Zenith Gripped D28 2xVESC - enertion (hope it gets shipped today) Duel R-spec 2.0 Uber+ 6355 190kv - enertion Duel rear motor mounts & bolts - enertion 2x 50 Degree Enertion High-Speed e-board trucks 2x 36 tooth quick install - bearing drive hub 2x15 tooth steel motor pulleys 2x High Torque HTDS timing belt 4x Enertion 83mm 78a Duro High Performance Wheels 2x Truck Riser Kit 8x High Speed ABEC 9 Bearings 4x Bearing Spacers 8x Deck Bolts 1x Space Cell Pro Enclosure nunchuck remote

Second board setup, for wife. 36" x 9.25" Double Kicktail Longboard Deck 8ply 2x DIY dual 1500W electric skateboard parts kit 97MM wheel 7"truck N5065 2x Pulleys and Belts T5 for Motors Pulleys for Transmition System-Onda Longa and Mammoth Skateboard R-Snake ESC 8S 50A 34V EV FOR DUAL MOTORS She has other specific specs she would like. I asked her to join the forum but declined. So I’ll be asking any questions she has.

I’ll post pics when I finish the build, just waiting on the VESC to arrive.

4 Likes

I just felt like I was reading something I wrote kind of. I’m also a barber I’m 43 I have 7 children 4 girls 3 boys ranging in age from 26 down to 20 months. I’ve been cutting hair since I was 16 and riding sk8 boards since 6 getting into eboarding for commuting and for the fun.

2 Likes

Wow, kinda close in range. Nice to see you could join us. Hope you find what you need. This forum is wonderful. There is nothing to big or to small. Your imagination is your only limitation.

Welcome to esk8 pool

@Reece.e.moe @XvDarkVAngelvX

Please feel to start a build thread

If you haven’t checked out the two links below…please do… Take a read…

We will jump in if you need help

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will surly take the advantage of the offer. I have a lot of ideas and thoughts.Looking forward to getting started.

Lol us 40-somethings need to stick together lol

1 Like

Looks Like ur doing the EnertionBoards package and DIY …should be easy