[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Thread locker? Home deposit of course

Right around the corner. Not even 2 miles from me.

Why do I keep getting this error message when I try to create a new post??? This is really frustrating.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™ve been lurking for a while since I saw videos of electric skateboards and got stuck researching parts on my own. Iā€™m a college student in Florida that wants to find a new way to get around.

Hi there,

I finally clicked on that signup button, after reading every single topic for 2 monthsā€¦ Kind of late to the party, but Iā€™ve come to a point where I have to participate to all that fuss. Iā€™m dreaming of a super mini esk8, so donā€™t have a lot of space to deal withā€¦ Iā€™d like to start a new topic for battery related calculations, the vedder way. I donā€™t see the new topic button here, it is related to my new user status?

Btw, Iā€™m from France.

Welcome @brams to the E skate party :tada:

Loads of good people to help you out!

1 Like

Welcome @brams, Youā€™re not late at all. The forum has only been about a year and hoping to see go for a long time. I just joined myself and ready to contribute to the sight. Iā€™ve belonged to many of forums and this is the best Iā€™ve experienced yet. So good luck on your builds and hope to see what you have. We like pics

1 Like

Welcome !

@longhairedboy and @cmatson are your Florida brethren

Post your build thread !

you up north? Iā€™m in Jax and @longhairedboy is in Orlando

1 Like

Thanks @Michaelinvegas @XvDarkVAngelvX

How about the ability to start a new thread ? Canā€™t see that buttonā€¦ :ā€™(

If ur new and havenā€™t made comments and just havenā€™t participated much ā€¦it wonā€™t let you post a new threadā€¦a few new rules a little while back to keep the amount of trolls to a minimumā€¦do worry youā€™ll be able to post your new thread soon

No, Iā€™m down in Miami.

1 Like

Hey! Iā€™ve been lurking across the forum pretty aggressively over the last few days, decided to make an account and say hello. Iā€™m a college student, currently in Poughkeepsie, NY but will be back to campus in Troy, NY next month. Super hyped to piece together a build list, Iā€™m thinking of a single motor VESC setup. I have some serious hills on campus so Iā€™m thinking about going with the wonderful Enertionā€™s single motor kit. Reading up on batteries and the rest before I make a build post.

Awesome forum and community, looking forward to contributing!

1 Like

If you have some serious hills ā€¦ Dual maybe a way to go if you want to avoid killing it motor quick

Not a bad idea, I had read that one beefy motor could carry me through but iā€™ll see if my budget can deal with dual motors :slight_smile:

It kinda doubles the the costā€¦so just be awareā€¦

Get the lowest KV motor ā€¦ Like a 149 kv and keep your gearing low ā€¦ 12t if you can

This is @Maxid build using 149kv motor

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/400-build-ebay-deck-sk3-149kv-20-28t-6s-lipo-150a-car-esc/4386?u=michaelinvegas

Thanks for the advice! Iā€™ll poke through that guide and switch up my list. Top speed is less of a priority for me so the low kv will be excellent. Amazing builds around here, appreciate the friendly welcome!

Hi guys! Iā€™m in Markham Ontario canada! Gonna build my first board to commute around and when I start classes in Mcmaster later this year gonna use the board to ride around campus and to the gym :slight_smile: Globe The Maiden Dual VESC Dual tourqueboard hub motor (75kv,83mm) Space cell pro4 2.4 ghz tourqueboard controller gravity foam kick tail add on I hope the battery arrives before August xD

2 Likes

Welcome @quanze Iā€™m also new to the community. Just thought I would send you a warm welcome. There is much info to take in and enjoy. There are many :sunglasses: cool people here to help. Feel free to ask questions :grey_question: many fellow e-boarders here to help. Just wanted to say Howdy.

1 Like