NEW IMPROVED: FOCBOX | Official Thread

Don’t. I’m waiting for 6.0 or anything with proper vector control implementation. I did not mean no offense, I’m just not that good at talking politically correct which has it’s good sides.

Are you referring to FOC?

Yes, I am. If you want to say that VESC-X has it then I’d be positively surprised.

Its been doing dam good so far!

@JohnnyMeduse is also running FOC. No issues so far.

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/the-hubs-x-enertion-vesc-x-hummie-hubs-custom-10s4p-pack/11127

VESC 6.0 seems to be taking a long time. No doubt it is a huge overhaul, but I’ve been waiting since last Spring. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Interesting. Do you guys use sensored motors?

Well Hummie Hubs are senorless hubs. @Blasto is using a RSPEC so it has no senors either.

Sensorless FOC in both cases.

5 Likes

@Blasto @JohnnyMeduse Could you record and post a movie here how does sensorless start from 0km/h look like on VESC-X in FOC mode?

@Michaelinvegas Thanks for photos, this looks good.

1 Like

I will try my best, but It’s pretty rainy all week around here, Also starting from 0 in a sensorless FOC, is not as fast as starting from 0 in a BLDC, because the motor need to find is position, so it’s is better to give it a little push. (but for testing purpose, who cares :wink:)

2 Likes

Out of nowhere it rains in Vegas today …after months no rain …

2 Likes

Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdgAD3KyWuQ

4 Likes

nice and silent

Thanks. I expected it would stutter a little and there’s no such thing. This is great.

The wheel needs to turn about 1/4 turn for the vesc-x to know the motor position, when i turned the board around on the second go, there is a slight stutter but it quickly goes away.

Just get the board rolling and there will be no stutter at all

Added just for you so your impatient brethren don’t get all squirmy lol

2 Likes

I just fried my VESC 4.12, so I need a new VESC now. I would love to beta test for you!! @onloop

There are other VESC Gods in charge of the picking apparently

!!! This is a BETA Version of the VESC-X!!! Copying this process could VOID your Warranty! So, please check the terms and conditions of your warranty before attempting to add conformal Coatings.

Keep-out areas: -Connectors, will create a bad electrical contact. -mosfets, will affect the thermal transfer. -thermal tape, will affect the thermal transfer. -mounting points -the heatsink has a very tight gap in between the heatsink and mosfets (0.4mm). This gap is very important for a controlled pressure on the thermal tape. If the gap is increased by the conformal coating, less pressure will be applied to the tape and it will affect the thermal transfer

3 Likes