New Hummie Hubs!

What would 100kv 97mm or 107mm get you in terms of speed?

It’s gotta be lower than that. If 90kv gets you 30mph, a 10kv increase would only be a couple miles, maybe 5 max…

Now if it was 4WD then I could see that.

That’s assuming a full charge and 85% efficiency

As far as I know, 15:15 is the same as 1:1…

Yeah was about to delete my comment didn’t see that

What comment? Didn’t see any comment. Nothing to see here :wink:

I wonder if my build will really reach 41mph tho

4wd hits 40 easily not sure about 2wd if its hubs or direct drives at past 100kv

I only need 35mph anyways to go as fast as cars on the road here (no bike lane where I live)

With 12s, our calculations show a top speed above 30 mph with 2wd at 82 kv. With 10s, it shows a top speed of 24 mph with 2wd and 82 kv.

For 4wd at 12s, 78kv should yield 35 mph top speed.

These motors are very powerful, so it’s really a question of how much juice you push into them. If you push enough juice, you’ll get much closer to the no load speed. The numbers above are lower than that calculator also, so we’ll see what real world numbers we get soon!

Jesus, so at 12s and 100kv that has to be high 40’s!? In 4WD that is…

What calculator are you using?

http://calc.esk8.it

what if ur like ~200 lb

Lol nope, that’ll be the day. 165lb.

cant ya just bump the voltage, at what point whould it be a bad idea :grin:

these are 2.5 pounds a motor.

the 1020 steel is good for being both strong, not brittle, and as in ideal magnetically reflective flux ring behind the magnets holding more of their field. it is also a “magnetically soft” material and easily flips polarity as well, reducing iron losses. almost all the motor is 1020 steel. which brings up …i’ll post another thread and want to know what you guys get for the no-load current draw on the real time data on the vesc.

the ones ive been winding lately are all 75kv and with estimates based on the 83 wheel will just hit 30mph. with two wheels. 4 motors with these should be so powerful as to pretty much hit the no-load speed at 35 on flat ground with a typical rider. I can also do a 7 turner motor instead of the 9 with the 75kv and its the same copper content so just as good a motor but will be a hair less efficient at low speed but hit…guessing 36mph no problem. soon see and the real world beats estimates. but the resistance numbers are often confused as people will state one or two phases. for two phases I hit .057 ohms on the foc test.

silver wire would be awesome but while the market cost of pure silver may be somewhere the cost of the enameled stuff is way higher. by my estimates at a total of…about 45 feet of wire for the motor it’s around 750$. But if you find it cheaper or figure how to make it I’ll put it in.

bumping the voltage past 12s is considered risky. even 12s is considered risky but on a hub motor with therefore a low erpm it’s safer. never had a problem with 12s

stators are 4752 so 47 diameter and 52 long. .2mm electrical steel laminates. n48sh curved magnets. .4mm airgap. one day will figure out the motor Kt. the number that allows all motors to be compared (torque to heat)

4 Likes

Damn looks amazing, are you guys planning on selling more still?

8300 erpm / 7 = 1185 rpm / 15.2v tester battery = 77.9 kv. This is 95% no load speed. So add 5% more, so 8300 x 0.05 = 415. so 8300 + 415 = a real no load speed of 8715 erpm. 8715 / 7 = 1245 rpm. 1245 / 15.2 = 81.9 kv, basically, 82 kv…

I don’t know where you are getting 75 kv from. Just a few days ago, you tried to convince me they were 73 kv…