New Hummie Hubs!

Yeah… That one’s rather irritating… At least we finally hashed things out with Trampa last night and pretty much put to rest any concern about whether or not the ESCape or B-box were potentially going to face any legal trouble, so we can now expect vesc6 clones for like $150 now, that makes a huge difference…

3 Likes

I’m just over here drooling…wow

1 Like

4wd is a huge torque gainer.

But you need a higher discharge system to take full advantage, at least 120 amp con.

I love when I hear the claims of “these motors can do 25% grade hills!!!”, and forget to say at 5 mph or less. In 4wd with these motors, 25 mph on 25% hills are doable with a high enough amp system. Your electronics will run into issues way before the motors do, lol.

Well if I’m using 4 ESCape’s I should be more than fine, right?

Is this still the case? If so another reason for 4wd, not sure I can deal with any more hospital :joy:

Asked hummies for 97mm without front wheels, I would’ve prefered 107mm tho :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say your perfect. But Battery wise, you’d be better off wit a lipo if you can’t do a massive 18650 pack (78 cells or more). And bms, Idk. And power switch, good luck, haha.

I’d say the board would’ve ESCape you on an incline like that full whack with 12s6p 30q :joy:

Well I was planning on a 12s6p using 21700’s, so I think that would be more than sufficient.

As for the power switch I was going to get a BMS that includes one.

Yes, we are not in a position to even think about doing our own front wheels, haha. Too much on the plate already. In the future, we will though. So if you wanted to upgrade at a later date when we do have a front wheel, it wouldn’t be an issue!

We are starting still with 83mm. 90mm, 97mm, and 107mm options should be available at some point in the near future, for both back and front. But much sooner for motor wheels, so 4wd would be able to use bigger wheels much sooner.

Sounds like your gona build a beast! You’ll be that guy who shows up to race with no real competition, haha.

You will want to check measurements on that with the lacroix guys before purchasing the cells imo

Haha that’s always been the plan. I don’t care how long it takes me, I going to have the best of everything on my board. I’m actually waiting to even build my battery pack cause I’m waiting for a specific battery to be released later this year, lol!

I figure if I place them in the zigzag fashion they’ll fit.

Current wind btw is about 82 kv. We will look at offering other kv’s too in the near future. But we are focused on getting one set up’s assembly perfected first, which is 82 kv wind, 83mm wheels, and centrax 83mm for the front wheels.

I originally was planning on making my own set of much higher quality Carvon style drives using a 6384 stator with the silver winding. I’ve talked to hummie about doing the windings for me if possible, lol. He is a artist with those stators and wire! But yeah I was /still am planning on that and doing a 4WD build with those, at 100kv and 4000W each motor!

Probably need a 12s8p battery with 2170’s…

I don’t get it. You say you offer 82kv 83mm wheels but hummie told me when I paid that I would get 97mm 100kv 0_o

Did you buy 4 or 2?

For 4wd, you can get 97mm.

For the wind, we have a 100kv wind.

When I say 82kv 83mm wheels first, I mean just that. First, but you will get your 100kv wind and 97mm wheels. We are doing 83mm first, make sure everything is good with that, and move on to other winds and wheel sizes :wink:

I bought 2WD without front centrax wheels :wink:

Surprised, because this

Can’t really understand 82kv unless you want a wind easy enough for hummies class to do

The wheel size thing makes sense but I was lookin for 90kv / 30mph and maybe 97mm if I have to get my own front trucks - nonplussed