New Hummie Hubs!

Anytime man, Let me know if you have any problems

1 Like

flange and nut done! be here in 2 to 3 days is the norm. dust off your stuff.

8 Likes

Hey, that was the circlip. Just saw this

1 Like

Super excited, these were only for the initial small batch order correct?

1 Like

@hummie @evoheyax are you guys close enough to start talking about specifics? like quantity, price, what size wheels, are you taking money yet, etc.

1 Like

shoot Iā€™m too busy to talk! talk to you in like two days when this new design is going. maybe go straight for twin peaks and see if I can catch evohyax to the top now that heā€™s fatter. cant wait to see how the 70 duro super high rebound holds up. ive got 3 other harder and more durable versions but if this lasts Iā€™ll be lovin it.

6 Likes

Stick with the 70ā€¦even if the lifetime is shorter itā€™s worth it for the performance trade off

2 Likes

is there any chance of getting a thane like this on a hub? only just started using these but cannot help but wonder how they would work out on hubs

2 Likes

the softer duro should give good traction on the tarmac and the fact these are smaller diameter wheels and the bearing in hubs probably wouldnt do well offroad but i could be wrong

1 Like

IIRC from longboarding in general, about 75a was the softest that could be tolerated. Chunking, tearing, falling apart, etc. And reflex (high rebound) can be run about 3 points harder and still feel the same or better as nonreflex. And reflex has more tendancy to chunk.

1 Like

@Hummie do u still need money ? I dunno why I havenā€™t bought a set yet. Just looking forward for 90 mm wheels minimum for the streets I have.

3 Likes

sorry needed a tool to open these cans of rubber and everywhere was closed on the weekend. need a special bung wrench. for sure this week iā€™ll get things open and out the door soon.

3 Likes

I must admit I never considered just 3d printing a set and putting them over some 90mm hubs like this guy did

3 Likes

bit strange, builds up a 4wd bouncy deck with no concave to ride in the snow, then to make up for the lack of contact grip bangs a nail through the deck every every 10mmā€¦

2 Likes

all looked reasonable except the nails banged through the deck for grip! what the hell. I wouldnā€™t want to turn too fast, maybe the nails would hold my shoes but the tires I woudnt trust.

I love the nail touch :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: its so outrageous that its great

2 Likes

i dont even use grip tape. i move my feet around so much those nails would be a hinderance and probably destroy my shoes.

Did you get the bung thing all sorted out?

Tool should be here today since didnā€™t show yesterday.

I almost fell out of my chair when i saw the remote for that thing :smiley: its hilarious. But hey, it werks.

2 Likes