Need help with motor selection

Well you should prob just charge each one separately try this… Don’t blame me if you set your house on fire lol

KX6 2-6S LiPo AC Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01095R8A0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_seIkxbQNHRHV3

I think some people have cheaper options for lipo chargers but I’m not sure of any other

I have this

Little over the budget but I can say it works well

I’m a fan of iChargers, but if on a budget the Imax B6AC v2 is my choice. There are quite a few clones out there, but seriously even a clone is probably better than the KX6 linked…

If you are trying to do it on the cheap - also consider the non AC version (you will need a power supply): http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Balance-Charger-Li-ion-Batteries/dp/B005EF15Q4

If you are handy you can even wire up an inexpensive laptop power supply or desktop power supply to give it the 11-18v it wants.

The AC versions are simpler, but also slower charging. Not a huge deal if you can be patient and even swap batteries to ride when the others are charging. Slower <1c is actually really helpful for battery life as a side benefit. If i have the time i usually do .5c or so.

HTH - GL!

Alright i have picked pretty much everything except how to control it via remote what do i need reciever wise? And what remote can i get thats smaller than generic remotes? Not looking to spend a ton on this.

Remote:

My recommendation exactly. It’s the same one TB uses. And you won’t need to fumble around with a gt2b plus mod or a wiiceiver.

@Michaelinvegas Did I send you that link a while ago ? Or did you also find it on Aliexpress.

Lol that’s my favorite link lol

Lol you do your hw on Aliexpress too huh

That’s why you’re my dude

Andy Jin is my buddy at Ali Express lol

Hey, could you tell me where to find the same app/program you are choosing for calculating top speed? It seems you got it quite simple one.

1 Like

Hey,

I want to built a single motor 6s or 8s setup with enertion vesc. I heard that a motor with around 240kv is the best setup for this (don’t have enough money for 10s or more).

My problem is that I cannot find any available motor that is in Stock at the moment. (alienpower, hobbyking) Could you please tell me where to find one?

PS. Why do most people use 2x 3s or 2x 4s instead of just a 6s or even one big 8s battery. There is 8s available for 80€ at hobby king. So price is not the reason right?

Thanks for your help!

You may have to wait for SK3 motors to be back in stock. We use 2x 3s in series for more clearance between the battery and the ground.

Do you have any experience how long that usually takes? Are there other good options except SK3 63mm, alienpower and enertion?
So if I do not care about the clearance a 12000mah 8s will be fine?

You need clearance so your batteries don’t scrape on the ground. You could have a look on ebay/aliexpress for motors. Otherwise, you may have to wait.