Need help with motor selection

Ok thats what i will do and i might up the motor gear to get more speed out of the motor maybe like 25.

If you want to go a bit fast go with a 18:34 ratio. I have an 18t motor drive pulley. I also have the motor mount u need to do let me know if you’re interested in those items

Ok i will let you know. How does enertions 190kv motor reach 30mph when calculated with that low kv it only estimates like 18 mph. I just dont understand why i wouldnt want more kv. Sorry for all the questions i just want to do it right the first time.

Because they run 10s and have a specific gearing ratio. It’s very easy to reach 30. But I think you need to try 20mph first because 20 feel very fast on a longboard. 25 is pretty much the fastest you’ll go unless you’re trying to break your top speed. 90 percent of the time you’ll be under 25mph I think it’s safe to say…

More kv=faster spinning motor, less torque. Less kv=slower motor but more torque

Sounds good thanks for all the help today. I will let you know how things go.

Any time buddy pm me if you have more questions

If i run two 4s 5000 mAh batteries in series does that give me 8s which would equate to more power than 6s? These would be 25c btw.

Yes if you run them in series

so then the 6s 10,000 mAh battery u suggested was a little under 80. Should i go with two of these and run them in series to get 10s 10,000 mAh? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8581

if you run two 6s 10 amp hour batteries in series youll get 12s 10 amp hour.

thats a pretty nuts setup for a first time e boarder but go for it. youll need a VESC or TB 12s esc.

im gonna go with 5s in series so 10s. If i get enertions vesc do i still need to buy one of those bulky esc’s or am i good with just the vesc from enertion.

The VESC is an ESC, you just need one electronic speed controller (ESC) per motor.

So i do need an esc or is the one vesc good for my one motor?

VESC IS AN ESC!!! The V stands for Benjamin Vedder, the guy who created it. One motor need one esc. ONE VESC IS FINE!!!

All Vesc are Esc, but not all Esc are Vesc

1 Like

Ok ok im just asking calm down.

Aren’t you the one who needed help with a xt60 plug two days ago

1 Like

Good point. I apologize for losing my cool.

1 Like

For the mount you were willing to sell what kind of trucks do i need? Are paris trucks fine?

What type of charger do i need for my two 5s batteries in series? Trying to not go over 30$ here.