My second build :) and what I have and my plans and questions

lol I’m playing with some walkie talkies …

Not as sophisticated as the helmet Bluetooth… but it’s functional…

It’s a matter of price and what most people can afford

1 Like

should I tag a couple people that you think might be interested in that?

Interested in which mate?

1 Like

Im just thinking that the bluetooth helmet thing would be something I bet a bunch of people will be interested in since before esk8 they were probably doing something also that required a helmet and that may have crossed their mind before - and with the Crazy way you have been tearing up the groupbuys :slight_smile: Makes me drool at the thought of the possible discount

@RunPlayBack uses them

1 Like

@KlethBane I’ve.been testing out some walkie talkies … I haven’t had some in a while, last one was Motorola…but I think I found a winner for Esk8…

It’s not a helmet mic setup but I don’t think we need it unless you ride only with another person all the time…I think we’d need something a little more universal and cheap…

Baofeng BF-888S Plus UHF Walkie Talkie Long Distance Range Communication Two-Way Radios (Black 2Pcs) Upgrade Version Of BF-888S

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EHIAWUI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_jgfKv8liQU6To

These are cheap…and they work…comes with a PTT ear piece…and charging base. If we all had the same kind…meeting up and communicating would be zero hassles. It’s a simple radio works for what we need it for…loud speaker…and headset works well… This is the most economical solution…and it’s so cheap…we don’t need a group buy…

And …these of course these can be used for other things…like…leave one in bathroom …and the other in main area …so when you run out of toilet paper…you can call rather than holler lol

Also…the Bluetooth radios are limited to certain amount sets it can speak to…with walkies don’t have that problem…again super simple with the walkies…it has audible channel selection so don’t need to look at what channel ur on…so basically no button mashing

PS. I do own a pair of the ones I linked …

Very nice fit and finish … radio quality it spot on…does feel cheap at all

1 Like

I like the ear piece thing is that what you had before?

and ya the s20 is probably too expensive

so what if i have talkies already can i just buy the ear piece?

I have been sifting through websites looking for maps and stuff and here is what I found so far Where to ride

HUGE MAP just NLV just Henderson

Save 7 bucks at RedRock Loop

Yeah we use these but they only work with either a fullface TSG or a helmet with ear padding like my Giro Snowboard helmet.

2 Likes

I LOVE THAT! There needs to be more of this!

Im going to search your youtube for videos of this stuff unless you have a link?

This is the model, kind of a generic BT motorcycle headset but they actually work really well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-BT-Bluetooth-Motorcycle-Helmet-Interphone-Intercom-Headset-V6-1200M-6-Riders-/111981687812

They were really helpful at last year’s Maker Faire Detroit, when we needed to communicate with each other across a huge venue at The Henry Ford

1 Like

Nice Vid - The qualty and the shots and editing and all are great - not sure how many times I rewatched it now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry the measuring tape is slightly crooked

@RunPlayBack

The reviews on that Ebay link are pretty bad - even the one that gave it five stars seemed like maybe he meant to give it different stars.

Sure that’s the same one as yours?

Yup it’s the same one, but there’s probably different versions floating around or probably an upgraded version. Like I said it’s kind of a generic brand made for motorcycles which are inherently faster and louder than riding an eboard so results may vary. In my particular case they worked fine. But it’s definitely not an expensive name brand, might be worth to research some more.

1 Like

Well if you have walkie talkies … we just need to be on the same channel

1 Like

As for the Bluetooth…when it come to the cheaper brands … it’s hit or miss…like in your video…would need to pony up for the good ones that would last…

Most of those would only work for motorcycle helmets because of how they are positioned in the helmet…using a helmet without ear covers wouldn’t work … and you’d need a mic boom as well…

And as mentioned you are limited to the number people that you can speak to at one time…can’t hoot and holler like you can with walkie talkies and lastly compatibility issues…not all brands work together

1 Like

@Michaelinvegas is this board yours?

I read all 21 posts on that one and am still not sure what I think but if that one is yours maybe I could give it a couple pushes before I make mine like that. Just to make sure thats what I want while the parts to the rest of it are on the way.

@KlethBane No … someone wanted me to build it for them with that deck…it’s since been changed to a glow penny board

1 Like