My second build :) and what I have and my plans and questions

1 Like

(Its just velcro that is holding it on - i have the kydex - just haven’t made an oven for it yet) Hopefully someone on here has had the same problem with the braking though - also when I brake I noticed that if I am just coasting before I brake that I have to give it a little bit of throttle because it wont brake from coasting… I was thinking maybe if i turned the drag on then maybe that would help solve the problem… I have been playing with the programming card a bunch and changing all the settings - but I don’t really want to have to reset the board every time after I use the brake

1 Like

What you need to do is plug that long wire from the esc into channel 2 on receiver and the ubec wire into any other channel, making sure that the VCC and GND are in the right spot

1 Like

Just to confirm: that esc is the one without ubec built in yes?

1 Like

I just unplugged it for the picture I think I had it plugged in right

1 Like

You should be all good then if that’s how you plugged it

1 Like

ya that part of the build works - i just had two power cords last time - so i must have ordered something different last time… I just cant find anything on Torqueboards website that says anything about it

1 Like

You can see at here 1:26 what my last one looked like from @torqueboards that had two power cables and the one in the picture i posted earlier only has only one power cable.

1 Like

@KlethBane - Your saying you apply brakes and you can’t reach top speed again? I wouldn’t use drag brake as that means as soon as you coast it will apply brakes.

If you throttle before you brake you’ll have much better stopping power. You shouldn’t need too unless your at crawling/slow speeds. Have you tried increasing the braking %? What firmware version do you have on the current ESC?

1 Like

Yes Exactly I apply brakes and then cant get back to full speed unless i turn it off and then back on ESC Model V1.00_121012 ESC Software Ver V1.00_150818

I love the 6374 190! It has some crazy torque for a single motor. I ended up with 90mm wheels and they are real nice for speed. I believe the larger radius = faster top speeds but reduces torque a bit. It looks like you’re looking for a lot of torque for going up hills. I think the 12s is gunna be nice for your commute. I just finished my build with 10s2p with (2) 5000 mah Turnegy lipos. I’d love to see your process with making the kydex enclosure. I wouldn’t mind splitting the costs with you to build a vacume form. From what I saw in the comments, are you from Vegas? I am too and would love to meet up to just shoot the shit, brainstorm, or just ride! Just PM me and lets sync up :slight_smile: Good luck bro!

1 Like

@torqueboards Thanks for offering with the esc but I think that it is the motor that is having the problems… i tried to see if you were on chat but its late

when it is raining for days in a row and can’t go esk8

$.48/foot vs $3.50 a foot L.E.D. Strip and my first [Helping Hands] (Amazon.com) :blush:

1 Like

1 Like

I like having everything in one spot and someone might need this info… maybe or just me :slight_smile:

FAA and Batteries 97mm wheels for cheaper on ebay hardware from nmagz Riser bigger than @nmagz3 :wink:

1 Like

Those are the same wheels I got. I think mine are only 90mm though. I will say that I felt your genuine ABEC 11’s felt much smoother than my clones.

1 Like

Man, your board can book! The map looks so much further than 1.7 miles. Was it 1.7 miles there and back or just one way?

1 Like

4.8 miles one way - and I think my bearings are just whatever ones TB has in his kit - That’s whats crazy is i paid so much for those wheels and they didn’t even come with bearings.

@Michaelinvegas

you are the man with the master plan :slight_smile: so … what do you think about doing a group buy for helmets with blue tooth in them ?

I would buy at least four and I know I could round up people not in esk8 for something like that also -