Master Evo | Landyachtz | ABEC 107| 13S5P | FocBox | 6374 190kV | metr

How stiff are those boards? Can they hold up a 100kg guy + gear/battery? That 36" looks beautiful :smiley: Do you often hit stuff with the battery tray that close to the ground?

With 107s no. I haven’t scraped it yet during riding…

As far as weight in an Evo…

This is an R5 but it’s the same thickness and wood as the Evo.

4 Likes

Is that a nano-remote? Are you using a nano remote on something that powerful?!

@Blitz Yes that’s the nano remote from torqueboard.

And yes,

7 Likes

I’m sold on that 36" :smiley: Only positive experiences with it this far? I’m prolly tricked into landyachtz because your build looks so awesome in total :slight_smile:

1 Like

yea, only positive, just i suggest bringing down the front wedging some as +15 degree on the board and 50 degree trucks… = 65 front, which is a little to turny for my tastes… other then that, yea this deck is solid

So clean :star_struck: :star_struck: Ive bookmarked so many of your tips and tricks, now I just need to use them! Where did you get those motor pulleys? I picked up the metroboard pulleys, now I just need to get the matching 20mm motor pulleys to go with the 20mm belts I found.

3 Likes

Hey buddy thanks! Haha good to know my tips and tricks are getting used by someone…

@Colson003 Here are the motor pulleys

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F252402870141

3 Likes

So today the Evo only charged to 53.7. took the Evo apart. Measured everything.

All looks fine. I seem to run into this issue with boards every 1000miles or so. But, I’m starting to think that soldered terminals for BMS would be better.

Basically everything measured properly. But the Pins on the JST Balance plug, the metal widens with vibrations, leading to a weak connection. And the bms cuts off the charge.

I depinned the JST one by one and re-pinched the connector, then repinned it and repeated for all. Plugged back in and all is charging fine.

I am considering hardwiring(soldering) the balance to the bms to not run into this issue again. Its been hard to pin point because it takes some miles to happen, and lots of boards in and out of hand with friends.

Does anyone else have a better idea as a replacement for the JST other then direct solder?

2 Likes

You could use a dsub (vga) port. Not better, but allows you to disconnect.

1 Like

Maybe fixing the balance lead about an inch from the plug with hotglue to prevent any vibration getting to the pins.

I always hotglue just where the wires enter the plug as I found one wire could work its way out and then my balance gets fucked up.

Additionally hotglue over the male and female plugs to further prevent movement. But makes it annoying to un-plug.

2 Likes

my battery arrived, im gonna start making packs, btw what did you use to to stick the battery togerther? silicone or hot glue? (reading some thread about this)

1 Like

I don’t quite have room for something like this in such tight build :confused:

I this is a good idea. But I’m gonna give it a few more charges to make sure it’s the pins that vibrate loose. Then I may decide to try this… Before I resort to soldering. Put miles on it and see fit goes… Thanks

Hey man. I used hot melt hot glue, to do the cells. And fill behind the tape wraps for rigidity. Then used silicon spread to “glue” the battery to enclosure.

Not quite enough space for this.

If I am to do anything, I would either glue, or solder directly to the BMS

Space is quite small

0e9cbbebf6241bc599e0d89ae0120cb8f2b1183c_1_666x500

2 Likes

How many battery amps do you pull in the vesc settings with this beast? :metal:

Currently rolling a dual 6374, but only 10s4p as for now, lots of fun!

1 Like

The most I’ve pulled in any of my logs is 46.82A per esc, so about 93A from the pack.

Motor amps I’ve pulled up to 117 per motor.

3 Likes

What kind and how long to dry?

I just used general purpose silicone. Put it on, next day it was dry enough to hold.

1 Like

what kind of foam did you use for cushion in the enclosure?

1 Like

Neoprene art foam… the kind kids use to cut into shapes to make things like @PartyPoison

5 Likes

wow, very resourceful, thanks!

1 Like