Marvle Boards - New Kickstarter

I love this thread.

I love all of your passion haha

1 Like

Now we need t shirts that say ā€˜donā€™t mess with the DIY eSk8 community, or youā€™ll feel our passionā€™

2 Likes

YES

10(ten) chars

I feel like Jason would be proud

ugh you inspire me.

isnā€™t there a t-shirt crowd funding platform?

No letā€™s make a crappy website for crowd funding t shirts and put in on Kickstarter and say we need your money to complete it.

Hmmā€¦ sound familiar?

1 Like

You can make a shirt design, put it on CustomInk, and then make a group buy.

I think you can do it though where CustomInk handles the shipping to the individuals.

1 Like

Iā€™m down Sign me up

Ridiculous 44.4

I mean boosted is 12s and goes 20mph. This guy doesnā€™t know what kv ratings areā€¦

EXACTLY!!! 10 characters

??? Honestly I donā€™t even think it needs a back, extra $$$, but lmk what you think.

Your doing it all wrong we need a Kickstarter.

1 Like

We need a kickstarter to hire designers and then another one to sell the shirts.

:joy: :joy::joy: but I actually want one :cry:

I donā€™t think hes had enough of it. He clearly doesnā€™t understand electronics what so ever. Any cell we use on an electric skateboard will have a nominal voltage of 3.7v, 4.2v at full charge. So when he says a 12s1p battery is 44.4v (when empty, btw, 50.4v when fully charged), but a 12s battery is not at 44.4v??? So what heā€™s saying, is his battery is not a 12s battery. That or heā€™s using some other cells, like AA batteries which have lower voltages. Either way, his argument here makes no sense and shows a lack of understanding of what s and p mean in a battery. Thereā€™s no difference in voltage between a 12s and a 12s1pā€¦ But he seems to think there is.

He says 12s boards are crazy fast, 35 mph+. That statement right there is so ignorant. Not every 12s board can do 35 mph. In fact, I would be willing to bet more canā€™t than can. That is because we wonā€™t hit 35 mph very often, so we would run super inefficiently to have super high top speeds if we never get to them. Itā€™s all in the gearing and kv of the motor. Heā€™s using a high kv motor, so his impression is that his speeds would be 35 mph. But if he used a different gearing ratio and/or motor with lower kv, he could run 12s with lower top speeds. It seems clear from his argument that he doesnā€™t understand these basic principles. On top of that, the 35 mph heā€™s saying, he would never reach since it is his no load speed. With only one motor, standard 3:1 gearing, and 200kv motor, he would max out around 20 mph in the real world, because that one little motor has a lot of weight to move. I know that because that was almost the same setup as my first build.

Overall, he seems arrogant and uneducated. It seems like this was his first build, and he decided to jump the gun and sell it. He said the people heā€™s had use it have reach 25 miles. Was that with 15 miles down hill, and 10 flat? I can tell you, you wonā€™t make it half of my five mile route to school which is loaded with mid grade hills on this board. Heck, I still doubt the evolve gt can do 25 miles.

The other part he might just be missing, is he seems like heā€™s on the smaller side (from the video). @hummie is 50 pounds lighter than me. If he rides his board, his motors donā€™t heat up that bad. If I ride his board, I heat those babies up like a fire place. It also kills range, as the reason they get hotter is because I need more amps, which means the battery will drain quicker. Has he tested range with a 200 pound rider? I doubt it, I doubt heā€™s thought about a lot of these variables.

A 12s battery is not empty at 44.4v, itā€™s just at nominal voltage. A completely discharged 12s pack would have 30v, but youā€™d want to discharge to about 37 for longevity.

This is what I came up with.

http://www.customink.com/proof/wnp0-00ap-pag9/04600/front/watermarked_big.jpg

From what Iā€™ve read, itā€™s better to keep the voltage above 3.6 per cell.

1 Like