[Mars Rover 1] Never Summer Reaper | 83mm flywheels | Caliber 50 Trucks| Rout Supply Co. Ceramic Bearings | Dual 190kv Torqueboards 6355 | Ollin VESC | DiYES's 10s4p | Psychotiller Custom Enclosure

I can see it on chrome and my droid phone.

Enclosure for 10s4p is 655x150x28 it will also fit 2x VESCs.

You can mount on the rear but if you do. You canā€™t pop your deck up either. Benefits would be setup much lower to the ground. More space for a bigger battery pack on a smaller deck.

4 Likes

Are those dimensions for the interior of the enclosure or the edges at base of enclosure? Thanks for the picture

Those are only inside dimensions of the enclosure.

Do you have the outer dims of where the corner screw mounts will sit so I can check the fit on the deck? I could probably make an educated guess with the photo, if not

@torqueboards how do I know what belt length to get for the abec 11 pulley kit?

202mm total width which includes the flange. Total length is 661mm for enclosure. The enclosure holes are about 120mm each and 5mm from the sides.

The standard is 16/36 and you can use 255mm length belt.

1 Like

And for 13/36? Thank you for the dimensions, sorry if thatā€™s posted elsewhere

13/36 255mm is fine. You could probably go less but I donā€™t think you need too, better at 255.

1 Like

This sounds like itā€™ll be a great build, solid parts list. I too make cut vinyl stickers/decals and this is what Iā€™ve done with my build so far - Iā€™ve used clear grip tape on top @longhairedboy :slight_smile: The deck is a Lush Longboards Machine 3D, made in Bristol here in the UK.

This was an early photo I took just after installing the clear grip tape, most of the air bubbles have now gone and itā€™s more settled, making the stickers clearerā€¦

Itā€™s totally worth cutting some stickers and applying them, whether itā€™s part manufacturer logos, your company name or something else that relates to the board etc. Very best of luck with the build @Spek :thumbsup:

5 Likes

Just bought all my parts!

2 190kv 6355 TB motors 2 tb motor mounts 2 ollin VESC with heat sinks 10s4p tb battery pack with 4a charger Gt2b wireless controller Custom mini enclosure for Gt2b Various wires and connectors 83mm 75a abec 11 flywheels Caliber 2 50 degree trucks in black Never summer reaper deck (bought locally and will exchange if itā€™s too complex to build on) Some flowersā€¦ my wife thinks in crazy.

I think thatā€™s all of itā€¦ canā€™t wait!

Thanks for all the advice, everyone! Also thanks to @torqueboards for the excellent customer service and putting up with my endless stream of questions. One of the best interactions Iā€™ve ever had with an online retailer.

3 Likes

that board looks beautiful :slight_smile:

1 Like

@longhairedboy Thanks man. So far its the only part of my build that I have in person. It is gorgeous. The composite material they put on the bottom feels space-age. Too bad I have to completely cover it with ABS.

I mounted some old trucks with old rags to protect the board (incase its too complex to build on, I might have to exchange it) and it rides great.

The deck has really aggressive concave near the wheels and those grooves are probably 1/8 deep. My plan is to use a heat gun to soften spots of the flange of the enclosure and attempt to form it to the weird contours of the deck. Anyone try anything like that? I found a video of a guy using a heat gun and manually shoving it onto an object.

People say it works. Iā€™ve never tried. Thereā€™s really only one way to find out.

@torqueboards, I canā€™t seem to find that enclosure on your website.

My rough mock up sort of gives me an idea of where the enclosure will meet those contours.

Whats a good material to place between enclosure and deck to form more of a water barrier? Neoprene sheet?

edit: No idea how exactly big a VESC is. Tried scaling a picture using the wires. TB said the enclosure would fit 2 of em though.

1 Like

If you scroll up this thread he gives some dimensions. I couldnā€™t find anything on his site about the enclosure either.

Exterior door weather striping

1 Like

Thanks!

l;ksjadfiwpiefjqa

The reaper is a gorgeous deck, but you are definitely making it more difficult w/ those bottom contours! The trick with ABS/Kydex is just enough heat to get it to form for you. Too much and itā€™ll get shiny and burn and can become brittle.

@mrjonnyjones - great looking deck and setup. Deck shape reminds me of Omen Sugar - super functional kicktail.

VESC dimensions (PCB) are about 40mm x 60mm. Add on the 35mm caps on the end and itā€™s probably 40mm x 95-100mm.

2 Likes