Low Guido's hack board. For Science | now with hub motors

you wouldn’t have to even disconnect it. switching the switch would disable the foot switch.

Great idea for the push assist!

ok I have returned from Vacation an I now have the parts required to finish the test mule.

I also got some flywheel clones that are a pretty close match for the Jacomotors. (these were surprisingly tough to get in Australia)

1 Like

This should sort out any potential wheel bite issues:

3 Likes
7 Likes

The @lowGuido Cam :movie_camera: Is back :bangbang:

Do you think this type of product would be good on a board for a kid? Seems something you can craft together in a short project and see the results in quickly

Lol. I really do need to invest in a go pro or something.

Great demonstration :ok_hand:t2: Did you use FOC or BLDC on that run?

Just regular, not FOC.

It really does cut down the production time a bit not having to fabricate the motor mounts, and line up belts etc. I’m yet to see any real downside to the hubs yet. most of the little niggles are actually VESC quirks. I am only using loctite to hold the motors on as well, however I did file a small flat on the axle for the grub screw.

I guess the biggest ? in my mind is will the bearings hold up? Was there a thread abt this topic? Cleaning ?

Also what’s a good esc other than vesc for use with say a single hub?

I was thinking of getting. Single drive carvon or maybe even a clone…

well funny you should mention this, because the whole idea behind my “hack” board is that the velcro base makes interchanging things like ESCs very easy, and I intend to test single and dual configs with RC ESC’s as well as VESC.

seeing as this is all setup on the hack board not on the carbon fibre deck i’ll keep this in the hack thread to avoid confusion.

Ok shall be awaiting your report Proffessor @lowGuido :nerd_face:

I have just cut 3cm out of my trucks to fix the offset issue. now I just need to cut some thread into the axle.

You have to go deeper. Deeper into the trucks. Don’t forget your top.

Cutting threads, had it done again a couple days ago, …the axle diameter thickens beyond the threads and my machine shop guy doesn’t like doing it. Ideally u could put the hanger on a lathe but it’s won’t straight enough. It involved a vice to hold the hanger and a basic craftsman die. Worked but it took him some elbow grease

where abouts did you find the wheels. i gave up on looking for flywheel clones as they were so hard to get my hands on them in Australia

@Chris_KP Place called force industrys. Also trading under the name find board sports. http://www.findsports.com.au/p/adrenalin-downhill-wheel-83mm-x-52mm-4-pack/810227084H

Also. Photos of truck mods

1 Like

thanks for that will be good for future projects. for now ill drill into my wheels hahahaha