LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

You got it my friend, can’t wait to see what you do with it! @philvanzu is setting the bar high! :joy:

2 Likes

@JLabs the effect is way stronger in person. I was like, “I don’t deserve this…” :wink:

4 Likes

Got mine as well.

@Arch @pat_arch Well done!

It really exceeded all my expectations.

14 Likes

Thanks for your kind words man. We are happy you are stoked. The ride is even better, you’ll see :wink: Urgh, sorry for the fingerprints on the enclosure tho. A little lighter fluid will remove those :confused:-/

Oh, those are fingerprints, thought it was me drooling over the pics. I’m completely obsessed at this point.

2 Likes

What is the timeline on the remainder of the orders?

All orders have been shipped out. If you didn’t receive a tracking number directly from the courrier company, DM me and I’ll provide the info.

UNFORTUNATELY, we ran out of special LaCroix shipping tape so some of you might have the supreme disappointment of simple clear shipping tape on their box. We hope you’ll find the strenght to forgive us. And if not, we totally understand :wink:

5 Likes

Our pleasure buddy. Happy you like it.

1 Like

For the love of God noooooooooo

You can take our🗽, but give us our tape

7 Likes

It’s funny because I was specifically concerned with you when I wrote that!

4 Likes

So sad I missed this group buy, maybe another in the future. Boards look sick!!!

1 Like

I’ll get over it in time with counselling and beer

8 Likes

I finally got my rear truck and modified motor mounts back from Overion (there were a few modifications with the newer series of Matrix II apparently and Yann had to adapt his mounts for it so I had to send my rear truck to him). So I was able to quickly assemble the board and hop onto it for the first time. What an amazing feeling. The flex is absolutely perfect, flexy but not bouncy, absolutely fantastic level of comfort I have never felt like that on a skateboard before. I have the actual luxury of having wood under the whole length of my foot. Not even on my snowboard do I get that ! I’m so glad I dumped my trampa board right now :smile:

12 Likes

Been stalking your build, looks awesome! What size wheels are those?

trampa 6.5 inchers

From the pics, it looks like you added risers, is that to give more clearance under the enclosure?

Absolutely gorgeous, good job @philvanzu !

I would recommend yellow shock blocks in the front and orange in the rear, you’ll love it! :slight_smile:

Yes, It was recommended to get minimum 7 inches wheels, so 1/4 " risers gets me to the same level.

1 Like

Looks great, I’d also flip the mounts and cut down the motor shafts down (if they contact the tire). The way it is now, there is more levarge/side load on the motor bearing

1 Like

Yellow shockblocks are on the way. I ordered one Matrix2 with yellow shockblocks for the front truck but MBS changed their production and are now apparently delivering all new Matrix 2, pro or not with red shockblocks. When I complained they promised me a pair of yellow ones free of charge.