LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Maybe cos I sometimes get mud on mine… It’s terrible… esp on clear vicious griptape… black is ok…

I’ll let you guys know ! I like to clean mine as best as possible when I get back from a long ride. I think it looks really nice when it’s shiny and it also gives me a chance to see if anything loosened up or if there’s any damage.

Thanks for the feedback though, I’m looking forward to receiving the rubber

Hi @Arch seems not to be according to @benjammin

Hey not the end of the world, if it’s a mighty pain in the arse just send me a blank deck,I’ll use a Trampa hole positioning sheet and diy

1 Like

Would be great if somebody measured those trucks side by side

Mbs matrix 2:

Trampa ATB full size trucks:

3 Likes

Well, isn’t it too late to not want the deck predrilled with MBS hole pattern?

Edit: Well, I guess it’s not as big of a problem when I thought about it for 5 minutes. Just send what you got, I’m somehow going to live with MBS Matrix 2. People seem to love it and I have no clue about MB trucks yet. Unless @banjaxxed won’t convince me to trampa one. I like the idea of larger attachment points.

Mbs matrix 2 feel much more like regular skateboard trucks. They also allow more customisation, their shock block system comes with soft medium and hard blocks and each can be further compressed if you want more stability (but bigger turning circle). I feel the mbs is a better choice if you don’t plan to do extreme off road riding.

4 Likes

@banjaxxed I thought you had the smaller vertigo trucks that come on the urban carver and not the full lengtht ATB trucks. Am I right?

Yeah I bought the minis

but is the baseplate not the same as full size? @trampa Frank any help

Ok,checked the parts section and you’re right the minis have a different baseplate, thanks for helpful input

I use an air compressor with a blower gun attached to clean the board, brings it back to it’s original glory, grip tape included.

2 Likes

I don’t have my Trampa trucks anymore so I can’t say for sure, but I’m pretty sure the inner hole position of the Trampa baseplate lines up with MatrixII.

So if you’re pre drilled for MatrixII, you should be able to use Trampa, but not the other way around. DK about the minis though.

Edit: might be better to drill yourself though. It’d be a fkn nightmare if they were just slightly off.

1 Like

My deck has shipped!!!

1 Like

Complete DSS60 or Deck? @ ervinelin

Deck 10char

Nice. Very exciting!!!

Looks like there would be space for a 12s6p as advertised. Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t 10s6p the same Wh as 12s5p…if so, why go for the 12s configuration? Higher top end? Not critiquing at all, just curious about the pros/cons of each configuration.

Higher top speed

There’s room for a 12S6P yes but with 2 focboxes (65x65x22mm iirc). It’s the ESCapes’ 70x77x18mm that I was worrying about - Since then I carved a piece of styrofoam to these dimensions and it looks like it’s going to work - will only be sure when they are delivered though.

I mostly went 12S because I had a 12S BMS. I was planning a trampa carver with 12S4P at first but reorganised my build around the lacroix deck and just bought 12 more cells since there was room for it.

1 Like

wtf… This is some next level stuff here. I feel like I should make some legs and use it for furniture.

@Ovi I thought you were ridiculous for your cleaning routine, but I get it now.

I even broke out the fake selective focus on my phone for the 2nd photo.

Wow.

@Arch @pat_arch thanks for this opportunity.

9 Likes

Dammit, should have bought the damn thing… this is what I get for having impulse control… :sob:

11 Likes