Kushboard | Dual 6355 | 10s4p 30Q | Janux Drive | Boas | DIY Enclosure

I see, i’ll try it out and see if it works. Thank you Nico! Another question, i’m using the nano-x remote and the acceleration and braking is quite strong, more evidently on braking. It’s so hard that i had to test it out while sitting on my board, even with 25% each on the throttle curve. Is there another way to make it smoother via the VESC program?

Just reduce the motor max amps to have less torque.

1 Like

Dial the braking current down to about 20A, see how it feels.

How are those Motors working out for you? I’m just starting a dual build.

My motor settings are at 20a i think haha.

Well one thing’s for sure, these are really strong. I’ve yet to bring it out for a proper ride yet so i can’t give a verdict. Good thing about @torqueboards motors is that it comes with a slot for the keyway, and with sensor wires.

It’s looking nice, I am curious to see the final result. One question, what did you use to paint the metal. It looks really nice and I am think to do the same on same part of my board. Thx!

Edit: part of my sentence got deleted before post it.

I used this paint from Rustoleum. The final surface more of a semi gloss actually. What i did to get the hammered look is to spray one coat normally, let it dry for a couple hours, and then spray one light coat about two feet away. The light mist makes the hammered surface. But you can skip that if you just want it black.

2 Likes

Cool thx! Did you use a primer first?

Nope, i sprayed this right on the bare aluminum. I did wipe it down with a solvent to get rid of any possible oil or dust.

1 Like

Got it thx!

I need to do this with mines. Yesterday my bearing broke from the idle

My motor settings are at 20a i think haha.

Hmm, well I am running 4" rubber tires, so maybe 10A?

Yep i set it to 10A last night. It feels softer when testing it at home, sitting down on the board :slight_smile: I’ll go for a test ride later today, i’ll let you all know how it goes!

Apparently i can’t get one of the motors to run sensored. When running a motor detection for one of them, as usual it will disconnect from the computer. I switched VESCS and the same thing happened. So i’m certain it’s the motor that is causing it, not the VESC. And this occurs when i have the sensor wires plugged in. When i remove the sensor wire, it can be connected to the computer again. Does anyone have a similar problem like this on TB motors?

is i plugged into the right port? pics plz

I have better luck on FOC Sensored vs anything else.

what are the wire covers called you use covering your motor phase wires? nice build

Here ya go, this is where i plugged the sensor wire to.

1 Like

Update after a first proper test ride

I rode on a 15km route, and my battery was at 55% after all that. I’m impressed with the range. I wasn’t able to get it to run sensored, but thanks to the idler motor mounts i got from @marcmt88, the belts were looser and hence i was able to kick push it easily. My threaded inserts have not arrived yet so i taped the enclosure to the board three layers, three times.

I set the braking power to be -10A, and turns out it is a little weak after all. It was able to brake decently but it doesn’t come to a complete stop, i had to hop off or stop the board with my front foot. I will set the braking power to -20A and try it out again.

1 Like

One issue after another haha. After getting the settings done for everything, the remote can’t seem to sync up with the board.

I’m using Enertion’s Nano-x and usually when i turn it on, the green light will be solid. This time, it blinks twice. Nothing showed up when i searched around the forums and the web so i’m asking if anyone knows what happens or how to solve it.

It goes in the connector that under the red cable

1 Like