Interest for Ollin motor mount OM5065-200

What did you use to make those instructions? very clean and comprehensive.

I’ve only test fitted…

But the sucker is crazy solid … love it …

Key to a good build is solid mount…

It’s a great price…for a great mount…

It’s hard to find week point … def worth a try

Thanks @Blasto - I used Rhino for the 3D model of the mount (borrowed the truck from thingiverse) and saved out as an .ai (illustrator file) then cleaned up the lines and formatted in Illustrator.

1 Like

Hey that mount is really nice. I love how thick and solid most of it is. I do have some suggestions though, for your next iteration. I have broken many mounts over the years and what I’ve learned is the metal needs to not have much holes in it. and the metal around the holes you do make, should be very thick.

This is my suggestion for you, don’t cut off all that metal to make the curve in the middle. Leave that extra metal there for support of those holes.

1 Like

I agree with @Mikeomania12. I just broke my psychotiller mount this week after I think it got a little loose and out of alignment. Put too much stress on the mount and it broke around the large slotted holes. It’s only 3/16" 6061 which IMO is a little weak, especially around the holes. I am going to give DIY v4 a go…I’m hoping the 7075 and smaller holes will do bettter.

Yup my psychotiller mount broke there and many other places. Not too much faith in any aluminum mount for that matter. I was forced to make a full steel mount inspired buy enertion.

my diy v4 took some pretty big hits going up sidewalks, still going strong.

1 Like

Thanks guys for the feedback. If you need a stainless steel arm I can price one out for you. Just let me know how thick you think it should be.

Just received a price for a 304 stainless arm .25" thick and the entire mount would be 60.00. - not too bad.

1 Like

DAMN we’re goin stainless This s@$t is getting serious :astonished:

When you say arm , you mean the part that bolts onto to clamp?

The whole mount in .25 S.S is gonna be Heavy!

Just the arm that bolts onto the aluminum clamp

Built mine with Alum & 3mm S.S , …

very strong!

2 Likes

Nice!! Another standard size is 3/16 about 5mm. I guess I could have a couple made for science.

Another advantage of 3mm SS is it gives you more Shaft length for your Gear.

Many shafts like on the Sk3 Motors are short.

@korryh

Stainless Steel?

Awe shit…I’m gonna have to try to cut a tomato with it

1 Like
1 Like

Lol, ya maybe a bit overkill for me, just saying it could be done. For he past 2 years I have been using a 3/8" thick aluminum mount - Im too old to get that crazy.

Bro totally do it…

Just make sure it’s dishwasher safe

Yeh man i deff think its worthwhile to start making these with the updated design and in steel. I would deff pay 60 for one.