If you ordered a FocBox from me, I have some news

2 Likes

@scepterr, good news homie:

Ill get you two boxed up tomorrow.

3 Likes

glad to see you can finally finish your build. hopefully you can return two when they arrive some time in 2019! haha

7 Likes

I dunno, let’s not get too ambitious here. 2019?

4 Likes

I actually got mine back in January… but that was small order only 4 btw @barajabali it came with 2 nano’s one working though. so that’s 50% success the other had charging port inside box so I couldn’t charge it … question is do I send it to you to or do I just through it to trash … it was discounted but still …

I’ll take it from you if you’re just going to toss it!

Well replace it for you of course just hit up live chat. Send it to me and I’ll work it out

1 Like

i Have question on you guys , all of you received old Focbox? Cause i order “NEW: FOCBOX Motor Controller” And got old one. Ordered

Received

The VESC-X is the older one and the FOCBOX is the newer one, but they are extremely similar.

1 Like

You got the new one. It used to be called Vesc-X but ever since vedder and trampa did their thing, vesc became a trademark so companies had to change the name. FOCBOX is a little bit better anyway. …except for the xt60 and 14awg wire downgrade

WTH dude, are you looking for something to complain about?

1 Like

Oh this ugly thing is new one :smiley: :smiley: my Bad :smiley: So older looks much better and i mad about that 3.5 bullets, i contact Enertion support and if i change them to 5.5 i lose Warranty even i have paid for upgraded one.

I think @scepterr sells adaptors so you don’t void the warranty … though it’s much better to solder the bigger connectors on

i Order 3.5 Male and i have 5.5 Female so i can make it easy , but i need to wait now and also i want short cables cause they are 10cm but i can not now.

In poo poo their warranty restictions due to their connectors being replaced. two of the bullet connector pulled right off when I was detaching my motor. Took a look at it and they were cold solder joints.

(I have edited by accident this message and don’t remember what I wrote there exactly )

3 Likes

Untrue, those bullets on the original vesc were uninsulated yes but they were hard mounted to the pcb and could not move so they had no opurtunity to short. And they were insulated by the vescs heat shrink.

@ElskerShadow

There was never bullet with the VESC, enertion always gave the bullet connectors with the motors not with VESC, bullet connectors only appeared with the FOCBOX iteration. I know it for sure I bought a VESC in almost everybatch of this company for the last two years. Once again, with all the respect I have for you, this is true BS. Just admit that it was a easy way for enertion to bypass at least 50 - 60 % of their focbox orders because pples would remove the 3 mm bullet.

Ohhhhhh It’s such a nice chance that enertion choosed the only bullet size no one ever used in the community, then tells us if you remove it no warranty. For me this is outragous techniques, i’ve spend in the thousands in enertion products and right now I’m just waiting for a competitor to come up and never give a penny again to Jason. Understant like stated many time in this thread is it insupportable to be considered like shit ( don’t tell me the bullet technique isn’t telling us « oh dumbass you can’t use conviniently your product without breaking warranty, live with it » )

And this is a drop in the OCEAN of BULLSHIT Jason systematically told us, from a « stock » that actualy never existed to the funniest bullshit ever : delays because of a moneyclip. And by Ocean of bullshit I don’t even mean the struggle enertion had for years to fullfill promises and d Deliver on time, i’m just talking about the past year.

@onloop If you wanna write up and destroy what I say and tell everyone it’s complete bullshit come down please. And all that I say don’t come from nowhere, i just quickly calculated and i’ve spent over 3 000 € in your store during the past 2 years so maybe my word as a customer completely upset and disgusted by your ways of doing buisness can count enough for you ?

4 Likes

I actually didn’t mind the 3.5mm connectors due to the Carvon’s coming with 3.5mm so it saved me a few steps, sucks that they did a piss poor job of soldering them. I voided the warranty because I soldered them back on because the alternative would be shipping and waiting for them to do it for me?!

1 Like

So far, we’ve been honoring repairs and warranties for people ruining their Focboxes when replacing their bullets. Even though we reserve the right not to We have to have these protections, no product for sale today allows you to modify it without voiding warranty. Like I said, we honor it unles it’s clearly the customers fault.

And there is a reason we use the 3mm bullet, it’s all about space on our main product the Raptor2. Also the 3mm bullet can handle more than what the Focbox can output.

And I apologize I may be mistaken about the vesc bullet, I’ve been working on Raptors for years now and they all have the bullet hard mounted. I’m not sure what bullets came on the vesc to memory.

2 Likes