If you ordered a FocBox from me, I have some news

I saw your post, going to show that to production sorry about that.

No your warranty isn’t void man, thanks for fixing it yourself instead of sending it in.

@barajabali I get it seems fair.

Seriously ? My speed drive had 4 mm !

1 Like

My FocBox also had cold soldered bullets. Upon removing the heat-shrink the bullets just fell off, no force or anything just simply dropped off.

Not concerned about the warranty anyway since I replaced them with 5.5mm.

I thought they were 3.5mm no?

Yes 3.5 I just didn’t feel like typing it lol

1 Like

I don’t think the XT60 is a downgrade. IT encourages you not to shove more than 60 amps through the thing, which it can probably handle just fine, but not doing it will make it last a hell of a lot longer. VESC-X also had an XT60, so it wasn’t any kind of -grade. up, nor down.

FocBox also comes with a PWM lead attached, which helps board assembly go a lot quicker.

Minor components upgrades make it more robust. Ask @blasto and @JohnnyMeduse what they are specifically, but i know they did something to them to make them last longer. Because they do. Which is kind of amazing, because VESC-X is still kicking in all of my original builds when any other ESC besides and AXLE or Ollin would have melted by now.

The 3.5mm bullets are a trivial upgrade to 5.5 and take less time than soldering on a PWM lead then filling the JST with hot glue to keep the pins from bending in on themselves and shorting the signal. Its a lateral move.

The 14 awq phase leads are kind of limp but they do the job. Using them at 12S doesn’t even get them warm, as i suspected.

3 Likes

Yeah same here with the VESC X running strong as hell… i heard there was an upgrade on the factory side and jason was surprised because it increased lifespan when they launched focbox

1 Like

@Sender to the rescue :smiley:

6 Likes

fingers crossed for 2019!

4 Likes

Is it worth pre-ordering at this stage? seeing as enertions website says ‘New orders due to ship in March’ Or is the list of orders already so long, I may as well just get a VESC from torque boards or somewhere?

• another note, the extra $$ for instant replacement warranty. worth it?

Don’t order them from enertion until nobody is still waiting for their November orders.

1 Like

Where do the Aussies generally get them from?

Normally from enertion, but there was an incident late last year and some other changes that means they currently are not available. They claim they will be available soon and I believe them but they have claimed that a few other times since Novemeber and they are still not available. So do with that what you will. You can buy one and wait or just wait then buy one when they’re in stock, or try to find a different product to use, like B-box

The thing is Enertion seem to have been fed a line by people who were in charge of logistics - production/delivery, I suspect although ‘fired’ more accurately would be no no longer used by Enertion, I remember a skinny French PM in some vid

So Enertion has been fed a line of shit by people like this for months and they have simply had to pass the spoon

It’s safe to say this kind of thing happens until you are in the position of having trusted employees on the ground.

I mean Apple/Nike etc have their shit made by third parties but they have eyes on the ground and contingency plans to move production at the blink…but then they are big companies, this is China baby

1 Like

Wow - My black friday order still has the status of “AWAITING FULFILLMENT”. Let me check my calendar … ohh it is just https://days.to/29-november/2017

I don’t mean to sound stupid here, but, I have a question, I am about to order 2 FOCBOX’s from @longhairedboy nd I am using 2 192KV, SK3 6374 motors, should i choose the 5.5mm connector or the 3.5mm connectors? On hobbykings website it said that the connectors are 4mm so I am quite confused as to which one to pick?

either way you’ll end up replacing a set of connectors, either on the motors or on the focboxes.

least expensive option would likely be to buy a set of 3.5mm bullets for the motor and replace those.

Ok, what do you mean by replace them exactly? Do i have to solder them or what?

yes, soldering and unsoldering will be involved here. The connectors are soldered to the wires.

okay awesome thanks!