Hub Motor & Urethane Riding Qualities

V4’s are V3’s that have been split up into 3 sub categories, torque drive, speed drive, and lite drive.

2 Likes

I’m so confusion…

yea me too at first…

Give me a Raptor 2 and I’ll get you your essay haha

Do the hub’s get too hot?

Next week :wink:

Personally, I though they would get hotter than they were. It still can’t compete with a belt driven motor in terms of heat…

Inspiration to do like i did - make your own modified wheels for your hubs :grinning:

23 Likes

dude holy crap ride video please this is something amazing like @longhairedboy would do if he decided to go to hubs for some reason

1 Like

And yes - of course they will hotter, and the acc. is slower due to the increased diameter of the wheel (also top speed increased, and brakes are lighter).

And the hub probably will die, but now Im able to race on gravel :+1:

Is this a DIY forum or NOT :joy:

Short video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/adc56qroixda3bz/VID_20170809_205541.mp4?dl=0

Ride video following one of the next days…

3 Likes

i’m rocking dual 6374, 12s4p, 15mm belts, 15/40 pulleys, with superfly 107mm, but babying it due to burnt out bms. for this reason haven’t experienced it at full 50v charge yet.

when bms is replaced tho, expect a full review.

1 Like

That’s what i’m talking about.

132F is too motherfucking hot if you’re measuring that on the outside, imagine the inside temp…

Urethane is a poor conductor of heat. So if the wheels are bad quality it doesn’t help if heat can’t be drawn away from the motor.

If someone is getting a raptor 2 in Sweden I could race with my dual 6374 for a comparison video.

1 Like

I am in the same situation. I don’t have route options to avoid various rough surfaces. Try Chain Drive.

6 Likes

hey @psychotiller, wanna get mad?

watch this video up above!

3 Likes

Sooo…all of the information he used here he basically stole from arguments he opposed in previous theads. Then, He promotes the use of chaindrives because that’s his next big thing… Proven already that steel stretches more than belts. Requiring replacement or adjustment more often.

You know what though? I don’t give a shit anymore. If people are stupid enough to buy into this bullshit. Let 'em!

4 Likes