Hobbyking in the esk8 market?

Hey, So i am still kinda confused… the HK pulley set does not come with the retainer piece that goes on the outside of the wheel , hence if im buying it, I should also get the “motor mount cover with bearing” set… cause it has the retainer piece…. some light would be appreciated cause i am about to put the order in! Cheers

Yes, you have to buy both. I just received the motor mount cover and the retainer piece is in there. I am still waiting on my pulley set that shipped from a different warehouse.

Some things to note about these pulleys is the wheel pulley is something like 25mm wide? I used a couple and cut them down to 17mm to use with 15mm belts. They have 4 holes and do fit abecs, a retainer can be found on thingiverse.

You then just have to buy bolts.

What motor is this?

It’s a Keda…

like amazingdave said, it is a keda 190kv. has a lot of speed although the torque is a little weak

and then they release this monster!!

3 Likes

Just looking into this now, did anyone manage to get better specs on the motor mount and the pulley kit?

The pulley kit from HK is average tbh. They are both aluminium and while thats not really a problem if you are trying to save weight, they will wear out faster than a steel counterpart. The kit comes with a motor pulley @15 teeth and a wheel pulley @36 teeth, a belt and a motor shaft key (which is the only reason I have 2 sets in my shop) What it does not come with is the wheel outer ring and the bolts to attach to the wheel. Annoying if you just want to attach to your own abecs.
I’m currently running the motor pulleys on one of my set ups and they have been good for the last 6 months of constant daily use so thumbs up for the pulleys. No reason to think the wheel pulleys won’t hold up just as well its just that you can’t seem to get the whole bolt on kit as one. The motor mounts are pretty crappy though and I would not use them at all. They are also just a single drive set up. You can’t use two for dual as they are all the same orientation. You could of course mount two dual diagonal but thats just meh. Hope that helps and please do not hesitate to reply if you need further assistance. Daren over and out