Hey any london people here?

Hey guys. Im in london for next few mounths and wondering if i should bring my e-board.

How is the law or any problems in trafic idk anything i should be aware of?

Also when my board gets there anyone would be interested going out riding for a bit ? Maybe i get to know better the zone.

Thanks.

Howdie! A few Londoners here (myself included). Need to some repairs (this will motivate me to do so) and I’ll be good as gold to join you for a ride.

With the law, esk8s are a grey area and I’d recommend you stay on cycle lanes and be super considerate (mainly for your safety and that of others). Signal when looking to turn and wear a helmet. Common sense really.

The closest I got to trouble was a police car followed me for about 2 miles on my way to work. I stayed under 15mph and they got bored and left me be. 99% of the time the police are chilled and can see I’m not making an ass of myself.

1 Like

Londoner here too!

Yes definitely bring your board, the cycle lanes in central London are awesome and there are group rides happening regularly - it would be awesome to see you on one.

Check out the ESK8 UK facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/eSk8UK/

The only time the police chatted to me was out the front of my house, and that was only because they couldn’t work out why anyone would be wearing a full face helmet on a skateboard - i.e. WTF is that guy up to and is he up to no good (there are a lot of moped/motorbike thefts in London and acid attacks so the police are rightly being vigilant). Once they saw the motor they understood and wanted to chat about how cool e-skateboards :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah man I’m missing out! I don’t have facebook but would love to join group rides. I jumped on the meetup page but that kinda died down. Guess FB is the way to go

Yeah FB is definitely a must for the group rides, it means people can update when late or if you are running behind we can tell you where we currently are.

It would be nice to have a better representation from the DIY community on the rides, at the moment it’s a sea of Evolve and boosted

Oh man, I’m definitely joining in on 3rd Feb. Tempted to get another motor and bigger battery to blow them out the water and convert them to DIY lol

this is from our DIY group ride

My wife will join with her e-penny board, she got a gopro recently so would be good for her to practice filming.

2 Likes

Im so happy to hear this. Right now i regret i did not get the board from beginning. But is not too late.

Ofc im nit here to be dumb or cause trouble with police. In Romania is same grey area where police is facinated about the eboards so yeah.

So glad now cant wait to get my board here.

Any shop around where i could get a charger for 10s battery pack ?

You’ll probably need a charger that caps off at 42V (or 41 if you charge your cells to 4.1V each to maximise cycles).

Cheers yeah i know what kind of charger… i forgot mine home and i need a new one for the time ill stay here 1 2 months.

Anyone has a spare 42v 2a i could borrow or buy or rent or whatever feels good ? Or i will just make an order on amazon for 20£ i guess :frowning:

Or is there a better alternative?

Hello mate, I got one from alibaba - very cheap if ypu can wait that long

Ill get my board on sunday so yeah ill need some kind of charger this weekend

Hey guys look what i.ve got in the mail haha

Maybe we can start planing something ?

1 Like

we are long overdue a diy group ride

Hi, as fellow Londoner, can you provide some info about those group rides?

Indeed, see mostly meets with people riding store bought boards

The usual deal is we pick a cool route, ride the streets of London stopping here and there for beverages of a refreshing nature :wink:

1 Like

https://www.facebook.com/groups/692928530874989/

is where they tend to get organised