GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

Finally got around to making my own Madmunkey. SOO HAPPY WITH IT. It fits my hand perfectly and is much smaller in comparison to the badwolf remix I had before. Definitely a bit of work to get all the stuff soldered and moved around but totally worth it.

2 Likes

Hell yeah @ShutterShock, glad you like it.

2 Likes

What about a trigger loop?

Trigger loop would need a redesign of the whole controller.

Fair enough

Someone asked a while back. The guard would push the other three fingers down and pinky would be off the controller. Are you on a MTB needing tree scraggle protection?

1 Like

At least i 'am on MTB and would love to see a “scraggle protection”.

On teh other Hand i allready thought about Designing that, and was not sure if any Finger Protection would rather end up as Finger-Cracker, cause Probably it best to leave the Remote Falling and not beeing cought in the Remote with the Fingers in case of a n Crash.

I think it’s me who ask for this mod. I had a try already and the result was exactly as you said :

4 Likes

Thats what i found

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1625376

Sure this tiny plastic-thing will not safe your fingers from anything, but it might help not-slipping of the trigger on offroad-trails (MTB). Thats something i noticed beeing problematic, thats why a custom 3d-print-looped Trigger might be a good option ?

Do you have extra battery monitors? If so, what’s the cost. Btw, I looove this remote!

@ROFEN13you can find them on eBay

Yeah, I was hoping to avoid the 5$ shipping charge. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Penny pinching much?

4 Likes

hey @FLATLINEcustoms, What colours do you have at the moment? Im thinking of a case and a battery monitor, red would be sick

@Ghettobird117 I can do pretty much any color. Hard to get exact but definitely can mix up some colors.

Joel

Are you casting these now? Im on the fence about buying a 3d printer and giving it a shot myself

I cast them to order.

I’m starting my mod, but noticed this solder blob on the back side of the PCB that’s supposed to be cut. Can somebody confirm this is safe to cut out?

And this piece below, do you just cut the mini pcb off and directly solder the wires onto the pot leads?

And here, do you remove the pins/connectors and directly solder as well?

Finally, I know what one of the 4 printed buttons are for, but I don’t know what the other 3 go?

1 Like

Go ahead and cut it where you have your line drawn, but just a bit more to the left. Leave a little bit more of the board, in your image it looks like you might be taking off more than necessary.

For the pot, I de-soldered mine and soldered the wires on directly. Be cautious you don’t leave the wires too short though. Mine just barely reached.

I’m not sure about the buttons though, I didn’t use them at all.

Here’s a link to some pictures on Imgur that show the process I went through.

2 Likes

Sweet, that was very helpful. Thanks!