General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

The more likely scenario is there won’t be much support for carvon future products.

2 Likes

Carvon in two weeks, nuclear fusion in 50 years. It’s a state of equilibrium, like it’s always the case

Are you serious? Of course not. I stopped trying. It’s his policy to ignore you

3 Likes

That is what they are saying for three months now. Good joke though.

1 Like

Slightly different as I am waiting on an Exo Pro but no news from Carvon or Exoboards in over a week now. Looks like they are battening the hatches down and going into hibernation.

1 Like

Been almost a month since the last official word from Carvon. Would be very nice to have an update on timelines for products. No one ever likes when the company goes dead silent. At least Enertion and Jason let us know whats going on.

5 Likes

We’re just about in May now, any updates on V4 XL?

1 Like

I’m with you.

Still waiting on v3 from kickstarter…

I received my v3s from the Kickstarter last April in September. My buddy also received his Evo from the Kickstarter later that month. About 2 months later I was riding my buddy’s evo at full speed and one of the motors completely shut down abruptly.

I decided to send Jerry my v3s too because one of my motor shield was unremovable, and one of my sensor wires didn’t work from the start.

My friend and I both send Jerry our v3s a bit over 3 months ago and haven’t received much of any word since. Carvons are like buying an exotic car that spends more time in the shop than the road.

1 Like

BUT I WANT THEM ! Gawd they look good ! Such an epic idea. Sux about your V3’s. I hope Jerry personaly is doing OK. I know he was hit pretty hard by Derek’s death :frowning:

is that your board ? the one see have in the office , wanting the new remote the "photon " so u sent us it , after setting it up and realizing it’s a faulty remote ?

You’re mostly involved with Torque Drive @Exiledd_Top, right? I’m mostly interested in those. As far as I know you at least don’t have to make the motors in house for them. The homepage says “3 - 5 business days before shipping”, but is that realistic if one orders now? Have any of those gone out yet? I couldn’t find anyone who’s got them already. Maybe the first ones all go into Exos…

all drives torque or speed drive are done in house , yes we have shipped torque drives alone check pychotiller a customer of his received them and gave them to pychotiller to make a board for him , I’ve seen one on Reddit we have shipped them I can triple check for sure by Sunday with u on that

1 Like

When I purchased a torque drive it was sent out in about a week.

2 Likes

Yes, I also got a pair of torque drives back in early February promptly.

1 Like

do they really top out at 30? just curious :smile:

Yes they are torque drives

1 Like

@Exiledd_Top, OK thanks! I’ll think about it.

@Chase & @caustin, nice! How’s your experience with them? Do you know how much current they can take continuously? Any issue with overheating? In my area they’d be facing quite brutal hills…

No experience here. I sent it right back in to trade for another speed drive reservation. However shipping was prompt with the TD.

Do you guys do the machining in house these days also? I was under the impression that you have bought some machine tools recently, so what do you guys got, a CNC mill, a lathe? Just curious.