FOCBOX Unity Dual Motor!

Qoutes for some parts etc. are still out so we aren’t sure yet. Expect the pre-order price to be very competitive though.

They’ve already failed dude. As @b264 stated. Enertion (the company you say you’re working with) is shipping illegal software already. They refuse to release it’s source. http://www.enertionboards.com/new-focbox-speed-controller/focbox-bldc-tool-win/ . They could just throw a .tar ball out in a few minutes and it would be legal. But nope. They’ve consistently refused. Which is weird considering the license. And they only mention it using “stock” firmware. :wink:

3 Likes

Lol, ‘very competitive’, compared to what? Two FOCBOX’s? Two VESC 6? That is ‘very nondescriptive.’

1 Like

Compared to two focboxes. Sorry I don’t have a better estimate! I’ll let you know as soon as I know.

3 Likes

Or just type C. :man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Great video, jeffrey is a gem glad he’s getting some recognition.

5 Likes

It’s so fun to watch its like TV show, all the development they did… Yeah right :smiley: took existing stuff modified and they already did magnificent thing then whole development and evolution was carried by vedder himself and now they took it copy pasted already existing blocks (they needed to duplicate almost all methods and just rename methods, pins, and registers to incorporate two control loops) everything else is original same stuff it was such hardship so dramatic :smiley: In the end 0 mentions of Benjamin work on controller or VESC in general :smiley:

Don’t know if license requires mentioning then talking about some product based on another project that’s for @b264 to explain as he is License expert :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If it’s so easy then why didn’t you do it all ready? Your always so negative towards them…

6 Likes

Who said I havent tried or havent worked on it :wink: I am just later switched writing my own code base as I don’t want to be tied down to GPL :slight_smile:

I am negative cause they don’t respect creators, they take someone else hard worked project and make they own and advertise like they created it and etc, they didn’t needed to create bldc/foc control loops and etc because those things there already done by Benjamin. So far in any of their video or review there was 0 mention of main creator so yeah that’s why I am negative. Also they don’t respect Licenses several years later still no released source code and etc.

On that topic I compared firmware as I was replacing my burned Focbox with fresh one, there is like 20-30% of different functions compared to 2.18 released firmware object so I don’t know how its the same :wink:

8 Likes

he’s got a negative attitude towards anyone who sells a competing product.

he was like that with carvon, stirring up shit so that people would buy his drive.

3 Likes

Lol boy do I sell ESC? :smiley: Where did I stir up shit in carvons? :smiley:

Where?

P.S. Dont get my wrong I dont hate the product, I just don’t like the way you guys work in Marketing/Licensing department. I am myself using focboxes and have nothing against them :wink:

4 Likes

Tbh I don’t like screenshots of private conversations of and or other channel being posted. The topic is about FOCBOX Unity. Personally I think it’s great. Although Enertion doesn’t mentioned anything about Vedder, most of us know. Nevertheless it doesn’t really need to be mentioned as Vedder himself make it open for the community. I personally think companies are free to do this, just like all of us and all communities in the open source community are doing.

3 Likes

Although Enertion has been breaking the law by stealing “something” ie the software, I still do believe that is not a strong case to sue them. In a sense, Vedder him self make VESC open source, by all means he is not “in the path” of making an invention, patent it and sell it for good. If a company decide to make something out of it by twisting the software they copied and the hardware layout (not even the components), in such a away it could also be called a new product. I am not a “law” type of guy, but if Enertion breaking the law and so does the rest of the community that have been making money from VESC except Trampa (as they are working with Vedder).

Yet the purpose of this forum is to make eboard improvements, suing - patents - and all the other crap prevents freedom of development. So if you want to gather a community and do the suing part, I am not against it but not here please.

8 Likes

for distributing BLDC tool V2.18 for windows?

2 Likes

I would put that blame on Frank. These things used to BE VESC which literally has Vedder’s name in it until they were no longer able to use that name

4 Likes

I don’t think any of you understand what is happening here. enertion is free to use the software if they make their modified source code available to the public. Literally all they have to do is send it to you if you ask, or post it publicly. This costs them no money and takes almost no time.

It’s just they refuse to do that and thus they are not legally allowed to use Vedder’s motor control software or the ChibiOS or QT libraries, which Vedder did not make.

They could fix it in one minute for free but they decide not to. We need to respect their decision to operate illegally.

Nobody here is saying they can’t use the software. Well, nobody except enertion themselves, anyway.

5 Likes

Let vedder complain instead of acting like its white knight army. Not mentioning smoeone at every corner doesn’t make it a scandal, just something you wish smoeone did.

And for that other guy saying he’s also working on a similar product, how can you guys upvote this obvious jealousy reaction on his part. It’s as petty as you can think. Work on your product, make a better one, and that’s it, instead of acting holier than thou on this forum.

2 Likes

It’s not an open source license, it’s a free software license.

2 Likes

Doesn’t change my argument.