First International e-Board meeting

Paris is awesome too !

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know about that, thanks for that @ElskerShadow, but I guess itā€™s still more expensive than any USA city because of your exchange rate, if Iā€™m still wrong Berlin would be a great city.

Paris is definitely more expensive but a beautiful city to ride in.

The USA definitely has everyone beat in terms of riders per country. We (USA) also have many vendors that can provide battery rentals (Enertion, DIY, MEB, Polar, and Bara Jabali).

I remember having a thread for a USA meetup and California was winning, but I think New York is also something to consider.

If we could put together a group of 100 riders this could happen

Actualy the exchange rate is not so bad those days. So it should be okay. Paris might be expensive but itā€™s an amazing city to rideā€¦ not any laws against esk8t ( the only time Cops arrested me was for asking me where to buy an esk8t so you see how much we are resteicted ) and we have a few miles along the seine with amazing pavement to ride.

Can i check where are all those info about the riders ? I never registered, this would give +1 to europe hehe

Thought this might helpā€¦

• NYC
  • California
  • Miami
  • Berlin
  • Las Vegas
  • Paris
  • Australia (reply which city)
  • Switzerland (reply which city)
  • Other (reply what city)

0 voters

If I am missing any city just comment it on other.

Donā€™t let this die. Letā€™s talk about dates. Iā€™m thinking June?

Also, I could do something about the battery pack rental program. As long as it. Doesnā€™t cost me money then Iā€™ll host that service. It would be on a reservation ahead of time and a prepay.

Iā€™m in Canada and new York seems the best option in my opinion, second would be California . But if I had to choose iā€™d choose Switzerland just because Iā€™ve always wanted to go there. And it looks pretty.

Iā€™d suggest to all participants to build a travel safe battery pack as mine for this special occasion, here is the design you could all build prior traveling to the meeting:

This specific pack is a 10S4P with 370W/hr, if you unplug all XT60s you will have 92.5W/hr on each individual pack, perfect for flying.

@barajabali if you could build these packs with no/minimal earnings you could help people to travel with no batteries, buy them upon arrival and take them back home. We could work something out if there are enough participants to cover a big 18650 cell purchase.

Another idea would be to ship the batteries to the organization staff a week prior traveling, staff would ship the batteries back after the meeting. This would only work affordably for people living in USA if the meeting is there.

I agree to set up a date, on May NYC has a great weather, on June there is the Evolve World Cup, we need to make it before them or people who Evolve boards wonā€™t come.

2 Likes

I really like the shipping idea.that might be the best idea so far. I donā€™t mind renting a hand ful of packs but it would be a lot of work on me.

1 Like

This could be sorted with the help of organization staff, you wonā€™t be alone, dont worry.

1 Like

Preaching to my quire, Montreal would be sick, go for a ride on the formula 1 circuit

2 Likes

The comunity should choose a date once a year for ā€œWEBMUDā€ World Electric Board Meet Up Day or something like that name, this would help sort of promoting comps, meet ups, and saftey all over the globe, having a once a year date helps organize others into creating these events around that date and as such allows for more events to pop up organically and gain momentum into something bigger hopefully such as sponsored world comps. JMO.

1 Like

I live in Canada and NYC seems like the best place to meet since itā€™s close to where I live ( approx. 5h in car).

I think NYC will be the place to go.

Iā€™m just not sure where there is to meet up in the big city?

1 Like

I could make a few packs, 10S3P to keep the cost low, NO BMS, just balance lead + discharge

True that I could get some of those too. I have a lot of work less balance chargers that I donā€™t use anymore

So:

Estimated date: 13/05/2017 Location: NYC Battery packs for renting: 6 available (3 barajabali, 3 blasto)

Organizing Staff: eBoosted ??? ???

Headquarters: ??? (to ship and receive battery packs)

Number of participants: 20 (just counting voters), 100 goal.

Keep it going!